Did you know that all the Walt Disney World resort pools have life vests available to borrow, free of charge? Yep!
Vests are available on a first-come, first-served basis, but there are rarely problems finding one available. Just go over to the poolside rack and borrow what you need, returning it when you are done.
The resorts have lifeguards at the main feature pools during operating hours, and of course parental supervision is a must any time a child is around water, but in case you want an extra measure of safety, feel free to use a life jacket as well.
Nearly all the life vests at the resorts are TRC Super Soft brand, similar to this one available on Amazon and from many other retailers. The sizes available at all main feature pools are:
- Infant Child: Less than 30 pounds
- Child Small: 30-50 pounds
- Youth: 50-90 pounds
In addition to the child sizes available at all resorts, the resorts that have marinas also have adult-size life vests available to borrow free of charge. If you have a fearful adult swimmer or special needs adult in your party, you can request to borrow one of the adult vests for use in the pools.
Adult sizes, for people weighing more than 90 pounds are:
- Adult XS: Chest size 31-34 in.
- Adult S: Chest size 34-37 in.
- Adult M: Chest size 37-40 in.
- Adult L: Chest size 40-43 in.
- Adult XL: Chest size 43-46 in.
- Adult XXL: Chest size 46-48 in.
- Additionally, there may be a small supply of even larger vests. Inquire at your resort.
Has your family used the free life vests at the Disney resort pools? Let us know what your experiences by been.