We’re starting a complete overhaul of TouringPlans’ user interface and navigation. We’re doing this in phases, and expect it to take around 6 months of calendar time to complete. Over the past few months we’ve engaged talented UX designers and graphic artists to create and test functional mock-ups of key parts of the site. We’ve also got a new, well-tested navigation scheme ready to implement.
We’re hiring at least two Ruby on Rails freelance developers to help with this work. We try to hire from our own community, for a couple of reasons:
- It supports the TouringPlans community and the larger Disney ecosystem
- Think of how much time it’ll save if we don’t have to explain how Genie+ works!
If you’re a full-time, freelance ROR developer with solid UI/UX skills, more details can be found in our posting on Upwork. That posting includes:
- A fairly complete description of the task, including scope, phases, and timelines
- An overview of our current environment and tools, plus what we plan to use going forward (largely Rails 7 on Ubuntu via AWS)
- Sample “as-is” and “to-be” screens and navigation
We’ll be hiring at least two developers by the end of September, with work starting immediately. As mentioned above, we think this work will last around 6 months of calendar time.
We’ve used Upwork for over a decade, paying freelancers over $300K in that time. And we have a 5-star rating from all the folks we’ve worked with. While we’ve got deadlines to hit with this project, I think that feedback shows we’re relatively easy to work with and have reasonable expectations.
Last Thing: Please read the entire job description. It includes specific instructions on how to make a proposal. The bit at the end is important.