Christmas is right around the corner and Universal is starting their modified festivities on November 14, 2020. Due to COVID-19 protocols Universal has mothballed some previous attractions and introduced new, replacement experiences.
New for 2020
— Inside Universal (@insideuniversal) November 5, 2020
Brand new for 2020, these offerings offer safe ways to spread holiday cheer.
- Universal’s Holiday Experience featuring Macy’s Balloons – Replacing the parade, get up and close with Macy’s parade balloons, holiday parade floats, and a socially distanced meet and greet with Santa.
- Holiday Tribute Store – Located to the left of Revenge of the Mummy, this unique store brings to life Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- Holiday Tree Hunt – Search for 16 themed Christmas trees throughout Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, and CityWalk to collect stamps. Upon completion of the hunt, guests will receive a limited-time holiday ornament.
- Holiday Treat Trail – A progressive dinner, but more desserts. Collect stamps as guests purchase limited-time treats at participating locations, and upon completion receive a special treat.
Fan-favorites return for 2020.
- Seuss Landing characters – Meet the Whos, the Grinch, and more throughout Seuss Landing in the socially distant meet and greets.
- Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are decked out in garland, wreaths, and ornaments. Celestina Warbeck’s and The Frog Choir’s holiday shows also return.
- Character Meet and Greets – Minions, Shrek, and Madagascar characters in their holiday best meet with guests.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic the following offerings are not offered this year – we expect them to return in 2021 or 2022.
- Manheim Steamroller concert series
- Universal Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s
- Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular show
Universal Orlando’s Holiday Celebration runs daily from November 14, 2020 through January 3, 2021.