The days of traditional character dining and buffets may be on hold indefinitely, but there are still some character dining options available. Slowly but surely, character dining locations have reopened, with more on the way. Buffets are now served family style instead. And instead of characters coming to each table for individual meet and greets, the characters make their rounds around the restaurant pausing for pictures from a distance.
Overall, we’ve seen that the quality of the food has remained the same, and in some cases it is fresher. Food is served in large platters for your party to share. Your server can bring out more platters whenever you like, or more of any individuals items you prefer.
Here’s what character dining options are open right now:
- Topolino’s Terrace is the newest character dining location, at Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Our readers rank Topolino’s as number 1 out of 103 similar options at Walt Disney World
- It has a lovely rooftop location with breathtaking views
- The menu has been reduced, but still offers a decedent breakfast that will leave you satisfied all morning
- The characters make socially distanced appearances and have unique artistic costumes
- Hollywood and Vine with seasonal costumes, décor, and distanced characters at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- The menu is smaller than it was during the buffet days. The first course of salad is served family style. The entrée and desserts are your choice from several options and plated individually.
- Open for lunch and dinner
- Garden Grill with Mickey and friends at a safe distance, at a slowly rotating restaurant that overlooks part of Living with the Land at EPCOT
- The menu has stayed the same, which is great news since our readers rank Garden Grill as number 6 out of 103 similar options at Walt Disney World.
- Open for lunch and dinner
- Ravello is the highest quality of any character dining at Walt Disney World, as it is located at the Four Seasons Resort
- You can choose between a prix fixe menu, or order a la carte. The food is a delightful blend of traditional breakfast favorites with Italian inspiration.
- The characters make socially distanced appearances and have unique vacation-wear costumes
- Open for breakfast as character dining, and dinner without characters
- Cinderella’s Royal Table is not listed on Disney’s website as character dining, but Cinderella typically does make an appearance during your meal. Read our review of Cinderella’s Royal Table from our visit right after it reopened.
- Be Our Guest is also not listed on Disney’s website as character dining, but Beast typically does make an appearance.
- Chef Mickey’s is currently open without any character appearances, but characters are said to return on December 16, 2020.
Other character dining locations including 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, Cape May Cafe, The Crystal Palace, ‘Ohana, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, and Tusker House are not currently available.
Are you thinking of experiencing character dining anytime soon? Do you have a favorite character dining experience?