Trailer for Unauthorized Disney Parks film “Escape From Tomorrow” Released

We’ve written once or twice about Escape From Tomorrow, the Sundance-screened surreal thriller filmed without permission inside Disney’s Orlando and Anaheim theme parks. Somehow the feature has managed to secure an October 11 release date (in select theaters and video-on-demand) without a paratrooping platoon of Mouse-ear-wearing lawyers descending from the skies…at least so far.

If anything is going to make Mickey sic his legal department on writer/director Randy Moore, this newly released trippy theatrical trailer should do the trick:

Seth Kubersky

Author of The Unofficial Guide to Universal Orlando. Co-author of The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and Beyond Disney. Contributor to Unofficial Guides to WDW and Las Vegas. Live Active Cultures columnist for the Orlando Weekly. Travel and arts journalist. Theatrical director and producer.

8 thoughts on “Trailer for Unauthorized Disney Parks film “Escape From Tomorrow” Released

• September 11, 2013 at 3:52 pm

I love Disney but I really want to see this movie! I wonder if it’ll make it across the pond to the UK…

• September 11, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I’m with you Rach. As a big movie fan, all the reviews from legitimate movie critics (i.e. not theme park fans) say that the film has a lot of problems but as a big fan of the parks, I’m fascinated to watch this movie just to see how they did it all and pick out places where they filmed.

• September 11, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I remember watching “40 Pounds of Trouble” (1962) with Tony Curtis on a local channel. Cute movie with some scenes near the end shot at DL (with permission of course). There have probably only been a handful of movies shot in DL that were not specifically about DL. Not on Netflix, unfortunately.

• September 12, 2013 at 10:00 am

I think you can love Disney AND want to see this movie, especially if you’re a fan of experimental films like Eraserhead, π, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, or El Topo. In fact, it’s been kind of shocking for me as a Disney fan to see the fan reaction to this and see just how bland and mainstream their tastes run. Also, it’s disingenuous to just say that all of the critics say the movie has a lot of problems without saying that in general the critics also enjoy the film as it has an 83% from critics on Rotten Tomatoes.

• September 13, 2013 at 8:31 pm

Meh…it doesn’t really appeal to me. I had the same reaction when I looked at a Salvador Dali painting: um, ok…