Magic Kingdom Refurbishments For Early 2014

A few Magic Kingdom refurbishments were recently added to the calendar for the beginning of 2014 that we thought you should be aware of.  These include:

For a full list of attraction, as well as other refurbishments and closures at the Walt Disney World Resort, please visit our Refurbishment Schedule page.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

5 thoughts on “Magic Kingdom Refurbishments For Early 2014

• November 20, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I would hardly classify the Osborne Spectacle of Lights as a “refurbishment” from 1/5 to 11/19. That’s like saying MNSSHP, MVMCP, Food & Wine Festival, and Flower and Garden Festival are under refurbishment when not held.

• November 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Well that would explain why I could not get a reservation to the Plaza near the end of feb. lol

• November 23, 2013 at 11:12 am

D’oh! Splash Mountain, TTA PeopleMover, and Festival of Lion King closed during Presidents’ Week? Sigh. Glad I know now.

Looks like Lion King is undergoing a big relocation in AK… no shows for at least the first 6 months of 2014.

• January 2, 2014 at 12:36 pm

We’ll be arriving on January 5, around noon. Many things seem marked to begin refurb on the 6th, but they’re NOT on the showtimes calendar for the 5th.

(I’m mostly concerned about Festival of the Lion King, but I wouldn’t mind seeing Osborne Lights for the first time. Any thoughts on which, if any, will actually be there on the 5th?

Do I have to brave the horribly designed WDW-go site, and would that necessarily be more accurate?

• January 2, 2014 at 1:46 pm

From my understanding, the last day of operation for Festival of the Lion King is on January 5th, so it should be open that whole day, but be closed the next day. (PS: just looked at Disney’s website and the attraction has already been taken off the list of attractions. It’s also that way on the My Disney Experience app.)