Description And Comments
The Barnstormer, featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini, is a very small roller coaster. The ride is zippy but super short. In fact, of the 53 seconds the ride is in motion, 32 seconds are consumed in leaving the loading area, being ratcheted up the first hill, and braking into the off-loading area. The actual time you spend careering around the track is 21 seconds.
A 42-year-old woman from Westport, Connecticut, warns adults that The Barnstormer may not be as tame as it looks:
The Barnstormer was a nightmare that should have gone in your "Eats Adults" section. It looked so innocent--nothing hidden in the dark, over quickly . . . It took hours to stop feeling nauseated and my 8-year-old son and I were terrified.
Though the reader's point is well taken, The Barnstormer is a fairly benign introduction to the roller-coaster genre and a predictably positive way to help your children step up to more adventuresome rides. Simply put, a few circuits on The Barnstormer will increase your little one's confidence and improve his chances for enjoying Disney's more adult attractions. As always, be sensitive and encouraging, but respect your child's decision whether or not to ride. Regarding that decision, a Rochester, New York, mom holds out a glimmer of hope:
Our girls, age 3 and 5, loved The Barnstormer. It was short but perfect for Mom and Dad, who are prone to motion sickness. There wasn't enough time for us to feel queasy.
- This attraction offers FASTPASS.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
The cars of this dinky coaster are too small for most adults and tend to whiplash taller people. This, plus the limited capacity, equals an engineering marvel along the lines of Dumbo. Parties without children should skip The Barnstormer.
If you're touring with children, you have a problem. Like Dumbo, the ride is visually appealing. All kids want to ride, subjecting the whole family to slow-moving lines. If The Barnstormer is high on your children's hit parade, use FASTPASS or (to avoid backtracking to the ride) try to ride within 90 minutes of park opening.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for The Barnstormer when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see The Barnstormer Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 35 inches.
Must be 35" or taller to ride.
- Physical Considerations
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair, And Then To Ride Vehicle
- No Service Animals
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Ariel's Grotto
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- Storybook Wowzer the Clown
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with The Barnstormer
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Treats)
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Attractions)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||7 minutes|
When to go
Before 10:30 a.m., during parades, or in the evening just before the park closes.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1996|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.