As you saw in my Packing Tips for a Day at Walt Disney World article, I am a pack rat. In fact, a few readers wondered if I actually bring all this stuff with me to the parks. The answer…is yes.
Yes, I have a big back pack.
Yes, it is very heavy.
So with that, it only seemed natural to share what I bring in my diaper bag for a day at the parks!
If you’re not in the reading mood or just want to see me act like a Goober, check out the video below!
Disclaimer: I included items that are age appropriate for the first 2-3 years of life. Pick and choose which apply to you and your child.
- Changing Pad: Mine is by Munchkin and it is the best purchase I have ever made. It’s small, compact and fits everything you need!
- Rash Cream: My daughter is more prone to diaper rash in the humid Florida weather.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Plastic Baggies for blow outs: I bought disposable bags at the Dollar Store and they are amazing for storing dirty diapers and soiled clothes.
- Extra change of clothes…or two: In case of said blow out.
- Nursing Cover: Mine is by Coverbuds and it doubles as a high chair cover. If you’re worried about nursing baby under a cover in the hot sun, take advantage of the Baby Care Centers at each park.
- Filtered Water Bottle: To make formula or to hydrate.
- Sippy Cup
- Baby Food: I buy the squeezable pouches when they’re on sale for on-the-go.
- Baby Spoon
- Burp Cloth
- Disposable Placemats: These have an adhesive on the back that stick to the table so baby can’t pull it off. Brilliant! I found mine at Target and bring them with me whenever we go out to eat.
- High Chair Cover: Not a necessity, but great for any sticky or dirty restaurant high chairs.
- Stain Remover Wipes: Dreft has a great stain removing pen for infants.
Baby and the Weather
- Sun Hat
- Sun Glasses: I know, I know…like baby would keep them on. It’s worth a shot!
- Light Weight Blanket: Those Muslin ones are really nice.
- Jacket/Sweatshirt: For colder nights.
- Pants: For even colder nights.
Other Diaper Bag Must-Haves
- Pacifier: If your baby uses one.
- Band Aids
- Tissues/Boogie Wipes
- Infant Pain Reliever: If baby is teething or a little under the weather
- Thermometer: I told you I was a pack rat!
- Camera: Your cute baby + lovable Disney characters = Photo Op
- Baby Carrier: This wouldn’t fit in my backpack, but it’s something I always keep in the bottom of my stroller.
- Ear Protectors: I packed these for the fireworks and parades. If you don’t have a pair, you could also watch the shows indoors. I brought my mini Minnie inside the Main Street, U.S.A. Railroad Station and we watched Wishes from the balcony. It was a great view!
What do you pack in your Disney diaper bag? Is there someone out there who packs more than I do? What video would you like to see next? Let me know in the comments!