While Rivers of Light may be delayed for who-knows-how-long at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney has announced that they will begin showcasing their nighttime events staring this Memorial Day Weekend.
In the interim, while the issues delaying Rivers of Light are being addressed, a temporary nighttime show will take place on the Discovery River. The show, which will take place during the summer, will take it’s influence from the recent release of the live action version of The Jungle Book. Called Jungle Book: Alive with Magic, this limited-engagement show will include music and special effects that celebrate the film and the classic songs, while being infused with an Indian flair.
In addition, the other nighttime elements that had previously been announced will also debut Memorial Day Weekend. They include:
- Kilimanjaro Safaris After Dark – Enjoy the attraction in the evening thanks to special lighting that will allow guests to explore the savanna even in the nighttime hours. Plus, there are two new species to discover: African wild dogs and hyenas.
- The Tree of Life Awakening – the Tree of Life will undergoes“awakenings” throughout the evening as animal spirits are brought to life by magical fireflies that reveal colorful stories of wonder and enchantment. High-tech projections of nature scenes take on a magical quality as they appear to dramatically emanate from within the Tree of Life.
- Harambe Wildlife Parti – Dance alongside entertainers and local street musicians, and enjoy the lively rhythms of African music. Guests can also partake in exotic foods and libations, and explore the diverse wares of village artisans and merchants in the vibrant marketplace.
- Discovery Island Carnivale – This nightly experience will captivate guests with lively music, jubilant dance, vibrant costumes, stilt walkers and tasty culinary creations.
- Tiffins – Open for both lunch and dinner, this new signature dining experience will celebrate the art of traveling and include waterfront views from both indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Guests will be able to experience the already beloved attractions for Disney’s Animal Kingdom in ways they never have before, due to the ability to see these attractions at night.
The party will still continue this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom as the park awakens into a fully fledged night time experience.
In addition, stay tuned to the blog about further details about the premiere of Rivers of Light.