Raglan Road, every year, celebrates the halfway point to St. Patrick’s Day with The Great Irish Hooley! This event at the Disney Springs restaurant is a fantastic Irish festival that celebrates Irish song, dance, food and drink. This year’s event kicks off on August 31 and lasts through September 3.
The main focus of this even is on Irish music and Guests will be able to catch fantastic different styles on the two Raglan Road stages. There will be nine bands in total that will be performing. Some of them include:
- JigJam — The multi-award-winning Irish quartet will bring their captivating brand of “CeltGrass” blending the best of traditional Irish music with Bluegrass and Americana. (Performances Friday through Monday)
- Lisa Canny – The 7-time All-Ireland champion on harp and banjo, is an emerging Irish force blending pop and hip-hop with traditional Irish rhythms. (Performances Saturday through Monday)
- Billow Wood – Known as Flat Out when they played Raglan Road in 2016, this male/female four-piece band fuses their unique brand of instrumentation with multi-vocals and harmonies for a blend of Irish and folk music. (Performances on Monday)
- Aaron O’Grady – This Irish import will entice and beguile you with his eclectic mix of Irish tune.
- The Byrne Brothers – An exceptionally talented traditional Irish music family from Donegal. Their show combines traditional Irish tunes with modern dance beats, and they love to interact with every audience.
- Strings and Things – a contemporary Irish Trad / Folk/ Roots crossover band with a large repertoire of Irish songs, airs and traditional pieces presented in a very contemporary arrangement and style.
- Reel Republic – Hailing from the southwest corner of Ireland, Reel Republic are four seriously talented musicians revving up audiences with a solid spectrum of Irish tunes and songs.
Guests will also get to enjoy champion Irish dancer Ciaran Keating, Raglan Road’s show choreographer, who will host an entertaining workshop that traces the origins of Irish dance through contemporary times. And you won’t want to miss the Raglan Road Irish Dancers who will perform throughout the festival, as well.
There will be lots of fine Irish cuisine, local and national craft beers, new hand-crafted cocktails, Celtic face-painting and more. Best of all, there is no cover charge.
The Great Irish Hooley will take place on Friday from 3:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. and from Saturday through Monday from 12:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m.
For more information about the event visit Raglan Road’s website.