Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
Ports of Call
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
If you are sailing from the City the Never Sleeps (yes, the one and only New York City) this fall, be prepared for a little less sleep pre/post cruise – you really aren’t going to want to miss the chance at some of the new port adventures being offered. Guests can add on a night at the newest Broadway hit, Frozen, or go backstage at the New Amsterdam theater to check out props from both previous and current shows like the Lion King and Mary Poppins. This backstage tour isn’t available to the public – and let me tell you, I’ve actually done this and if you are even a tiny bit of a Disney/Broadway fan, it’s amazing!
While most of us repeat cruisers are just happy to be sailing once again, sometimes it’s fun to dream about being just a littler spoiled for our loyalty. Tammy put on her dreaming shoes and shared what she perks she’d love to see for Platinum Castaway Club members – do you have any to add?
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Black Panther
- A Wrinkle In Time
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Incredibles 2
- Ant-Man and The Wasp
- Christopher Robin
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
Cruise ship = food. Food, everywhere, all the time. This could not be more true on a Disney ship, where it’s almost too easy to be noshing on something 24/7 – and that is largely thanks to room service! Here’s the most important things to know about room service on your Disney cruise:
- It’s 24/7! Service will begin around the time staterooms are ready on embarkation day (with a mandatory break during the muster drill), and will conclude at 1:30 a.m. on the last day of your cruise.
- It’s free! Okay, it’s included in your cruise fare. Almost everything, that is – some items such as prepackaged snacks (like candy), bottled water, and soda (cans) will incur an additional charge.
- Gratuity isn’t included, so be sure to take good care of the person bringing you all that delicious food!
- Menus can be found in your stateroom, and also on the DCL app once on board. For an idea of what’s offered (subject to change), check out a sample menu here.
- There are some secret items that aren’t on the menu! Again, subject to change and availability…but can we say Mickey Ice Cream Bar?! Warm cookies and a glass of cold milk before bed? Yes, please!
- Continental breakfast can be pre-ordered the night before simply by filling out a provided form, which can be left on your doorknob. Just leave it out by 3:00 a.m. for delivery during your preferred selected time the next morning.
- Allergies can sometimes be accommodated, but not always (due to dining staff on hand at the time of order).
Do you have a room service favorite? For me, it’s the All Hand on Deck while getting ready for dinner – there is never a bad time for cheese and crackers! Tell me yours in the comments!
Special thanks to Scott Sanders of The DCL Blog for assistance on this article.
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.