Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
Some say they are the crowning jewel of Castaway Cay – the Cabanas. If you need convincing on why they are awesome, Tammy’s got 10 reasons to help sway you. But trust me, it won’t even take 10, because they are AMAZING.
Check out this amazing history on the original conceptual plans for Gorda Cay – it’s a rather rare piece of DCL history and it’s pretty fascinating! I kind of love that boardwalk area!
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Captain Marvel
- Disneynature: Penguins
- Avengers: Endgame
- Toy Story 4
- Lion King
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
- Frozen 2
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
I cannot even believe that next week is Christmas already! We’ll be celebrating at home this year, but well…let’s just say holiday planning with family has me thinking that being on a ship is sounding REALLY good right about now! So if you are setting sail this holiday, here’s some of the fun you have to look forward to:
- Festive food! As soon as you board, you’ll be greeted by the sweet smell of gingerbread that fills the atrium, thanks to the life-sized gingerbread house on display. Thankfully you can satisfy the inevitable craving at one of the gingerbread cookie decorating sessions. And of course there’s the special Christmas day menu served in the main dining rooms – no cooking, no cleaning, just delicious food!
- Decorations! With over 4000 feet of garland, 120 trees, and 170,000 lights across fleet, you’ll be fully immersed in Christmas all around.
- Shows and fun! Kids clubs will have themed crafts and activities. Funnel Vision will have variety of holiday movies playing all day. Definitely don’t miss the tree lighting ceremony, or Santa’s Winter Wonderland Ball that fills the atrium with holiday song and dance – and even “snow”!
- Christmas characters! You’ll want camera smiles ready when the characters come out in their Christmas finest. I mean, Pluto in reindeer antlers. Can you even?
- Shopping! Santa’s elves have brought the cutest selection of Very MerryTime merchandise onboard. Best way to guarantee you get exactly what you want – just make sure to leave room in your luggage!
Wherever you are celebrating, may you have a very merry Christmas indeed!
Special thanks to Scott Sanders of the Disney Cruise Line Blog for assistance on this article.
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.