Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
Ports of Call
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
If you’ll be on the 10-night Northern European cruise embarking on August 16 this summer, DCL has just added Port Adventures for the port of Frederica, Denmark. This will be the first visit here for Disney.
When the summer 2020 itineraries were first announced, there was a noticeable 2-week absence of Disney Dream sailings in late August/early September. Suspicion was the Dream would head to dry dock, but it seems that will wait for another time. Six new sail dates have been announced, three each of the typical 3- and 4-night Bahamian sailings beginning August 24.
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Incredibles 2
- Ant-Man and The Wasp
- Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Mary Poppins Returns
- Captain Marvel
- Disneynature: Penguins
- Avengers: Endgame
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
So you may have heard that, as of earlier this week, there’s a new royal baby in the house. I’m sure that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are already imagining all the fun that lies ahead for their son. While I’m not quite sure that plan includes taking him on a Disney Cruise anytime soon, just in case it does, here’s some things the Duke and Duchess, along with all us common folk, should consider about cruising with a baby!
- First, and perhaps most important, is knowing the age minimums for sailing. Babies must be at least 6 months old as of embarkation day for most cruises. The minimum age is 1 year as of embarkation day for Panama Canal and Transatlantic cruises.
- Infants do count towards stateroom occupancy.
- DCL has some baby gear basics available to use at no charge. This includes Pack ’n Play cribs, high chairs/booster seats, diaper disposable units, bottle sterilizers, and bottle warmers.
- There are a number of essential items that can be purchased onboard, such as diapers, swim diapers, lotion, diaper cream, formula, and a small selection of food to name a few.
- The chefs will graciously puree meals for tiny diners. Read more details on dining with your little one here.
- While the pools are only for potty trained guests, there are splash areas on all four ships for the 3 and under set.
- The “it’s a small world” nursery is a most adorably themed space available by reservation at an additional fee. For guests who wish to do a port adventure on land that their little one is too young for, the nursery is also open and available during port days.
While it might not be quite as easy or exotic as adult-only travel, cruising with your baby is definitely attainable. Do you have a little one that earned DCL bragging rights at a young age? How was your experience onboard? Tell me in the comments!
Special thanks to Scott Sanders of the Disney Cruise Line Blog for assistance on this article.
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.