Sponsored by Storybook Destinations
Ahoy, mateys! I’m Heather, and I’ll be bringing you the up and coming on all things Disney Cruise Line. Welcome back again this week. Let’s see what’s new in the DCL world!
Ports of Call
Disney Cruise Line: In The News
Yoo-hoo! Frozen 2 is prepping to snowball its way into our lives. Before it officially premiers in theaters on November 22, cruisers on all four ships will be treated to a sneak preview of the film starting at the beginning of the month.
Newsweek announced the 2020 America’s Best Customer Service award winners – and Disney Cruise Line snagged the award for #1 overall! There is no doubt DCL boasts the best crew, and they all deserve a huge round of applause for their dedication to making guests happy.
Hey Disney Junior fans, there’s some new fun things planned with a few favorite pals onboard! Kids 3-12 will want check out the Navigator to find out when Fancy Nancy, Vampirina, and Doc McStuffins will be hitting up the Oceaneer Club for all sorts of fun parties and activities.
Here’s this week’s special offers. Most every week of the year, Disney Cruise Line releases special offers for Florida Residents and U.S. Military Personnel. There are also frequently IGT/OGT/VGT rates available for all guests to book. These offers are extremely limited in availability, and all come with certain restrictions, but the prices are amazing! You can book these online, on the phone, or with your travel agent. These are the current offers available this week:
The following films are being shown aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships this month:
- Captain Marvel
- Disneynature: Penguins
- Avengers: Endgame
- Toy Story 4
- Lion King
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
For future reference, films debut on Disney Cruise Line the same day of their initial release in the United States. Films do vary by ship. Show times are available in your Personal Navigator or the official Disney Cruise Line app.
Captain’s Log: Important Tips and Information
There is no trick when it comes to cruising with the mouse – really every last bit is a treat! I started thinking of my favorite ways to treat myself on a cruise, because what is vacation for if not to treat yourself??
- Food! I mean this kind of goes without saying, I know. It’s pretty easy to keep close to a healthy eating plan onboard, but when it’s time to indulge, it’s time! The gelato at Sweet on You on the Fantasy and Vanellope’s on the Dream is worth the extra charge – so good!
- Drinks! If you eat you have to wash it down, right? I love to take advantage of the carry-on policy to save some money, but I also love the chance to try different beverages and maybe find a new favorite. The sommelier bin is totally my jam – not only is the splurge still reasonably priced, but I love the element of surprise with each drink!
- Shopping! I can’t resist the art Gallery. I just can’t. Even though every time I swear I won’t purchase a new piece…I find that magnetic pull has me checking out the options, usually before we even make it to the Muster drill on embarkation day. The entire purchase and shipping process is almost too easy! And what’s not to love about that kind of Mickey mail?
- Serenity! This is something I always seem to struggle getting enough of in day to day life – even if I do seem to find some downtime, there’s always some chore or obligation nagging the back of my mind. I make it a point to just completely unwind when I cruise. Whether that means some time in the spa, sleeping a little longer, or my hands down favorite, getting cozy in one of the fabulous teak loungers on deck 4 with no goal except to just be, there is something about the level of serenity that can be found at sea that is just unmatched.
What’s your favorite way to splurge on you when you cruise? Tell me in the comments!
Special thanks to Scott Sanders of the Disney Cruise Line Blog for assistance on this article.
Thanks for joining me again this week. “Sea” you next time!
The Disney Cruise Line Preview is brought to you by Storybook Destinations. Storybook Destinations specializes in Disney travel, is consistently highly rated by our readers, and is owned by our own blogger extraordinaire, Tammy Whiting. Storybook also offers free subscriptions to TouringPlans to clients with qualified bookings.