Guests will be invited to enter those creepy crypt doors as the restless spirits materialize with two separately ticketed after-hours events celebrating The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland called The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving. Foolish mortals who attend this swinging wakes will be able to enjoy special entertainment, character encounters, photo ops, access to select west-side park attractions, as well as unearth commemorative merchandise and delight in themed food & beverages offerings, plus a few surprises.
The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving Highlights will include:
- Gather for a 13th Hour Celebration Kick-off Moment along the Rivers of America. Here, Madame Leota will make a special appearance to conjure up the party festivities. Other supernatural surprises include a lively cavalcade of musicians, dancers and performers from beyond the grave.
- Mix and mingle with some of our dearly departed souls and otherworldly characters from the attraction
- Keep your eyes peeled for paranormal décor from land to land as 999 tenants anxiously await their newest arrival.
- Re-create hauntingly fun moments and scenes from the attraction against themed backdrops.
- Throughout the event, enjoy some of the park’s most enchanted lands—including New Orleans Square, Critter Country,
Frontierland and Adventureland—as well as attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room,
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Mark Twain Riverboat, Indiana Jones Adventure and Splash Mountain. Note: Select attractions will close early during the event.
- See and be seen while wearing attire inspired by your favorite happy haunts! Plus, there will event be limited-time Snapchat filters specifically for the event, as well as special event hashtags.
- In addition to a commemorative event memento, attendees will receive a guide map, event credential and unlimited downloads
of Disney PhotoPass photos taken during the event
- Enjoy event-themed food and beverages, in addition to other unique menu items available for purchase at select park locations.
- Pre-purchase select themed merchandise via the Random Selection Process from the Haunted Mansion’s 50th Anniversary
Collection, in addition to discovering ghostly goodies at select locations in New Orleans Square.
There will be two party dates that you can choose from for the The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving event. One is August 7-8 and the other is August 8-9. Event check in will take place on both nights at the Disneyland Hotel from 10:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. You can begin queuing up for the party beginning at 11:30 p.m. at the main entrance to Disneyland. The party itself starts at 1:00 a.m. and lasts until 4:00 a.m.
Tickets for The Haunted Mansion: Celebrating 50 Years of Retirement Unliving will cost $299 per person and they will go on sale on May 23 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific. (Parking fees are not included in the price of your ticket.)