Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns for 2022 Season
“It’s Halloween-lo-ween, everybody! Let out a scream. Hooray, it’s Halloween!”
For the first time since 2019, Disney has announced that the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is coming back to the Magic Kingdom for the 2022 season!
This wildly popular separate ticket event takes place after normal operating hours from 7:00 p.m. to midnight and on select dates beginning August 12 and ending on October 31.
2022 Event Offerings & Activities
Here’s a preview of what party guests can expect from this year’s event:
- The return of the Headless Horseman and “Mickey’s Boo-To-You Halloween Parade,” along with the Haunted Mansion graveyard diggers.
- The “Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular” at Cinderella Castle starring the Sanderson Sisters.
- Themed overlays for Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.
- Sweet and savory festive treats and event-exclusive merch.
- Jack Skellington as the host of “Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular,” a nighttime display of fireworks, music, projections, lighting, and characters.
- Favorite Disney characters dressed in their Halloween best!
- The Cadaver Dans Barbershop Quartet
- “Disney Junior Jam” dance party at Storybook Circus starring Disney Junior characters.
- And, of course, LOADS of glorious candy (including allergy-friendly treats) at the park’s trick-or-treat trails!
NEW for 2022: Not-So-Scary is taking part in the 50th Anniversary festivities by offering event-exclusive “step-in photo opportunities,” as well as a Halloween-themed 50th Anniversary print for attendees with their complimentary trick-or-treat bag.
2022 Costume Rules
As usual, guests are encouraged to come in costume, just as long as they follow Disney’s guidelines.
2022 Date & Ticket Prices
Ticket prices range from $109 – $199. This year’s Not-So-Scary event dates are:
- August: 12, 16, 19, 23, 26, 30
- September: 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30
- October: 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30, 31
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members can save $10 per ticket, valid on select event nights.
What You Need to Know
Ticket holders will be admitted to Magic Kingdom park as early as 4:00 p.m. on the valid date of their ticket.
Note: These date-specific event tickets do NOT require an additional day theme park ticket or theme park reservation.
Guests at select hotels at the Walt Disney World Resort (including Walt Disney World’s Swan and Dolphin Hotels and Shades of Green) can begin purchasing Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets as early as May 12, 2022.
All other Guests may purchase tickets beginning on May 18, 2022.
Tickets for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party may be purchased online or by calling 407-939-4240.
If you’re planning to attend Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this year, our TouringPlans Travel Agents can help! Quotes are free and no obligation.
Are you excited about the return of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party? What’s your favorite part of this event? Let us know in the comments!
3 thoughts on “Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns for 2022 Season”
We are planning a trip for September and I was wondering if any restaurants are open during this event or if the only food will be from the trick or treat stations?
We are trying to decide between Sunday 10/23 or Tuesday 10/25. Which one do you think would be least crowded? The second one is during a week night, but also closer to Halloween.
I’m so excited this party is returning! I’m looking at trying to get tickets for the week of Labor Day. Historically, are the party crowds high on Labor Day? I’m debating between the party on Mon, Sept 5 (Labor Day) and on Fri, Sept 9.