Operations and Safety Updates at Universal Orlando Resort
As Universal Orlando navigates through COVID-19 and the new normal, the resort is updating several of the safety policies at the resort and changing their operations.
Changes to the face-covering policy are effective August 3:
- Gaiters are considered an appropriate face covering as long as they cover the nose and mouth.
- Recommended face coverings are two-ply (consisting of two layers).
- Face coverings that are unable to be secured under the chin, such as bandannas, are not permitted.
The theme park hours and attractions offered are also changing in August. Starting August 2, the theme parks will adjust their hours of operation:
- Universal Studios Florida: 9:00 am to 5:00 p.m.
- Islands of Adventure: 10:00 am to 6:00 p.m.
Volcano Bay’s hours are shifting to an early fall schedule of 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on August 10, with weekend hours of 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Universal Orlando is also temporarily closing the following attractions, effective August 9:
- A Day in the Park with Barney
- Fast & Furious: Supercharged
- Kang & Kodos’ Twirl ‘n’ Hurl
- Fear Factor Live
- Poseidon’s Fury
- Storm Force Accelatron
At this time we are not aware if these operational changes will last after August or not. We will update everyone on changes as we become aware.