Just as you’re about to close your eyes, you remember – You haven’t packed your backpack for the parks tomorrow!
Not to worry! I’ve provided a list of park essentials to make packing efficient and easy.
Not in a reading mood? Check out my video at the bottom of this post!
The Bare Necessities
- Park Ticket: Don’t forget that golden ticket at the hotel! Yes, you can use your MagicBand to get into the parks, but it’s nice to have a hard copy if you run into issues at the turnstile.
- Wallet: License, cash, cards, insurance info, etc.
- MagicBand: Linking your My Disney Experience account to your MagicBand will give you quick access to your park ticket, room key, FastPass+ and dining reservations as its conveniently located around your wrist. You can even pay with your MagicBand! Since your MB is your room key, there is no back-up key (unless you ask for one at check-in), so make sure it’s with you before you leave!
- Phone: If you have a smart phone, there are two apps I recommend checking out. The TouringPlans Disney World Lines App helps you plan out your day at the parks with crowd calendars, wait times and customized Touring Plans. The second app is My Disney Experience which, if you have an account, holds all of your reservations, tickets and itineraries.
- Camera: Disney World is full of endless photo opportunities. Don’t be without a camera!
Second Tier Essentials
- Extra Camera Memory Card: Just in case. “And ya angry eyes, just in case” (Name that film!)
- Disney Swag: This is the time to pull out your Disney gear and wear it with pride!
- Water Bottle: Save your pennies (for the penny press) and fill up at a water fountain. Consider one with a filter (mine is a Brita) so you can fill up anywhere.
- Sweatshirt or Jacket: It can get down right cold at night! Make sure you bring something to keep warm.
- Poncho or Mini-umbrella: Sunny one minute, a full down pour the next. Be preeeeepaaaaared! (I’m in quite the movie quote mood, aren’t I?)
- Phone Charger: If you’re a social media fan, your phone battery might be sucked dry tweeting and posting photos online. Consider bringing a portable phone charger so you don’t have to worry about needing an outlet.
- Snacks: As someone who is always hungry, I understand the importance of snacks. Pack some granola bars, dried fruit or even candy (hey, you’re on vacation!) to hold you over until your next meal.
Items That Make Life Easier
- Band-aids/mole skin
- Hand Sanitizer
- Wet Wipes
- Stain Eraser: These are an essential in MY backpack. Can’t be without!
- Lip Balm
- Plastic Bags: Protect your valuables from water (Splash Mountain, I’m talking to you).
- Autograph Book: If character meet and greets are your thing, keep this handy for any special signatures!
- Pen: For your autograph book.
- Coins: Pressed pennies are a fun and affordable keepsake to bring home.
- Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World: This book is an amazing tool to utilize while planning your Disney World vacation. P.S. Use a more recent edition than my ancient 2008 version.
- Hidden Mickeys by Steven M. Barrett: If you’re a hidden Mickey fan, consider bringing this along to experience a magical scavenger hunt.
Did I forget anything? What do you put in your Disney backpack? Let me know in the comments!