Two things are true when Disney releases limited edition items: 1) People are going to flock to the parks and shopDisney online to snatch them up and 2) This flocking leads to frustrating experiences for everyone, except eBay pirates. Disney is introducing MerchPass on shopDisney online in hopes of eliminating, or at least reducing, the frustration.
This new program is being introduced alongside the next addition to the Castle Collection. The thing about MerchPass is your entering online for a MerchPass does not guarantee you’ll actually receive the MerchPass. You’re entering for a chance to purchase items. Read that again. You’re entering for a chance to purchase items.
Here’s how the MerchPass works according to shopDisney’s website:
MerchPass Early Access Drawings
How does the drawing work?
- Visit the Early Access Drawing page. Be sure to sign up for emails to be in the know of what products are coming out and where to enter for MerchPass drawings.
- Log in to your Disney Account or create a new account if you don’t already have one.
- Select your item(s).
- Click “Submit” to enter the Early Access Drawing.
- Look out for an email from shopDisney Merch Pass – Early Access Drawing, email@example.com, to find out whether your entry was selected in the Early Access Drawing. If your entry was selected, you will receive an email by the time noted on the Early Access Drawing page. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected (make sure it’s not in SPAM or Promotions Folders), but check back for other Early Access Drawing opportunities!
- IF YOUR ENTRY WAS SELECTED: Item(s) will be automatically added to your Bag. Log in to your Disney Account to complete your purchase by the time designated on the Early Access Drawing page using the link in the notification email.
You can enter the drawing for more than one item, but there is a limit of one entry per product, per person. For more information on shopDisney’s MerchPass I suggest visiting their FAQs page.
Do you think this new system will help? Let us know what you think in the comments.