Some might think the debate about Dole Whip vs Mickey bar is the biggest debate for a family going to Disney. I offer for your consideration… the matching t-shirt. Many families wear them with pride, even the grumpy one that thinks it’s ridiculous!
People watching and checking out all of the fabulous t-shirts is truly one of the things I enjoy the most about a day at Disney. I believe there are three categories of matching t-shirts.
The Family Vacation 2021 Shirt
We’ve all seen these shirts. It proudly says who the family is, where they are vacationing, and the year. There are often so many people in this group that you see sections of them all day long at the park. I appreciate the enthusiasm and your pictures look great!
The Best Day Ever Shirts
This category is where the disgruntled member of the group most obvious, they are choosing to wear a “most expensive day ever” option. I’m guessing they also didn’t like spending money on a matching shirt.
This category is my favorite! There are so many options available. Truly crafty people can make Pinterest-worthy creations and everyone looks super cute in the shirts. The not-so-crafty can purchase from Etsy and look just like the crafty people. I love the creativity and the huge variety of inspiration for these shirts.
Bonus Category: Group Outfits!
In this category, I would think the enthusiasm is 100%. I can’t imagine a family member that didn’t want to wear a matching shirt agreeing to this level of dedication.
Okay, so now the question is, how do we convince everyone to wear them. Here are some winning thoughts.
- When you discuss it have their favorite beverage or snack ready to distract them.
- With a large group, it’s easier for the cast member to see where your group of 15 ends. (My dad noticed this and now he’s a believer. However, he’s also career military, so he does appreciate a uniform.)
- It’s really not any different than wearing your favorite team jersey, is it?
- Making shirts is a fun family activity to get everyone involved in the vacation.
- If momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!
I hope this inspires you to create (or purchase) some fabulous shirts for my enjoyment (and yours)! Please share with us your favorites.