Just when Floridians and Orlando area vacationers alike are hoping for pleasant fall weather, Florida decides to be a soggy, rainy mess. This can be par for the course in the fall season, and Ivonne on our team experienced a very rainy day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios yesterday. It got us thinking that it would be good to share some tips for a rainy day at Hollywood Studios.
- Download a weather app that alerts you before rain arrives. Ivonne likes Dark Sky and reports that it was pretty accurate during her visit.
- Getting ahead of the rain means you can get to an indoor attraction, a shop, or grab a bite to eat and stay dry before the rain begins.
- Look at the weather forecast ahead of time and if rain is in it, save the theater attractions like Muppet Vision 3-D for when it rains.
- Use our Lines app to see Expected Wait Times compared to Disney’s Posted Wait Times so you can find an indoor attraction with a low wait.
Here’s some suggestions for indoor attractions to head to at each section of the park so you know where to head to so you can stay dry.
- Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster are both indoor attractions, but can have queues that currently extended outdoors due to physical distancing. (Sunset Boulevard)
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy is not a blockbuster show, but a decent option for something easy to get into for shelter. (Sunset Boulevard)
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, is a great attraction for all ages, but can have a queue that currently extends outdoors due to physical distancing. (Center Stage)
- For the First Time in Forever Frozen Sing-a-long is a great indoor show, but the line can extend outside, and show times vary. (Center Stage)
- Disney Junior Play and Dance, only go this if you have a toddler or preschooler, trust me. (Animation Courtyard)
- Walt Disney Presents, a walk through exhibit about Walt Disney, truly one of the easiest and best things to do on a rainy day (Animation Courtyard)
- Toy Story Mania, this is a great choice for a fun ride away from the rain, and usually the line does not extended outside for long (Toy Story Land)
- Vacation Fun – Animated Short with Mickey and Minnie, probably the easiest and most fun way to get inside from the rain without a wait (Echo Lake)
- Star Tours: The Adventure Continues, a great way to experience some Star Wars fun inside without the long waits of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (Echo Lake)
- Muppet Vision 3-D, due to limited capacity the wait can get long so check out Lines app for the Expected Wait Time (Grand Avenue)
- Millnneum Falcon: Smuggler’s Run, even if you’ve ridden this attraction before, heading here in the rain will keep you dry and its a different experience each time (Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge)
Other indoor options include shops or grabbing something quick to eat or drink inside, here are some highlights:
- Red Trolley Cafe, Starbucks on Hollywood Boulevard
- Tune In Lounge at 50’s Prime Time Cafe (Echo Lake)
- Backlot Express (Echo Lake)
- Build Your Own Lightsaber at Tatooine Traders (Echo Lake)
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge)
What are you some of your rainy day tips for Disney’s Hollywood Studios?