Universal Orlando announced a three day Harry Potter themed event today, the Celebration of Harry Potter, for January 30 to February 1, 2015. The fan event will offer appearances from actors of the Harry Potter films and an expo in addition to exclusive access to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley for ticket holders.
Guests may choose from a package that includes:
- Three nights in a Universal or Universal partner hotel
- Three day park-to-park admission to Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
- An evening dessert party in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley
- Reserved seating for actor appearances and discussions
- Early park admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (one hour)
- Breakfast at Three Broomsticks
- A welcome pack and commemorative merchandise
Annual Passholders may opt for a package that does not include park admission (but does include the hotel stay). The minimum stay for either package is three nights.
Guests who don’t wish to book the full packages may choose admission only, which will include actor appearances and the expo.
The event package for two adults starts at $555 for the partner hotel ($357 AP), $657 for Cabana Bay ($465 AP), and $855 for Royal Pacific Resort ($657 AP). Packages must be booked by phone at 1-888-343-8991 starting Thursday, August 21 at noon Eastern time.
The Universal Crowd Calendar has not yet been updated for this event. This year’s celebration of Harry Potter in late January had low overall park crowd levels, but many fans in the Wizarding World areas.