Cabana Bay is Universal’s first resort aimed at the value and moderate markets. Scheduled to open in phases starting in March 2014, just ahead of the opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter–Diagon Alley at Universal Studios, the hotel will sport a theme that’s supposed to be a nostalgic look at mid-20th-century family beach vacations.
Taking a page from Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Cabana Bay will include 900 standard rooms and 900 family suites.
Standard rooms are around 300 square feet and include two queen beds, a flat-panel TV, a dresser, and a table with two chairs. The bathroom separates the sink and dressing area from the tub and toilet, so two people can get ready at once. If you’re traveling with large groups, half the standard rooms are connected via interior doorway to another room. Standard rooms are scheduled to open in July 2014. Rack rates are expected to run from around $120 to $150 per night.
Family suites are 430 square feet, sleep six, and come with two queen beds and a fold-out sleeper sofa. Other amenities include a living room and kitchenette, separated from the bedroom by a sliding partition. The kitchenette has bar seating for two, a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. The family suites opened in March 2014, at rates ranging from around $175 to $210 per night.
Resort amenities include two zero-entry swimming pools, a lazy river, a water slide, a 10-lane bowling alley, a fitness center, and an arcade. Restaurants include a food court, coffee shop, in-room pizza delivery, and pool bars. In contrast to Universal’s other hotels, water-taxi service to the parks and other resorts is unavailable. Shuttle buses provide transportation from the resort.
Blog Posts About Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Universal's Cabana Bay Transportation Guide
- SATURDAY SIX: Six Surprises of Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Photo Gallery: First look at Universal Orlando's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
- Photo Update: Universal Orlando's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Garden Bridge Construction
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort Dining
- Atomic Tonic (Bar or Lounge)
- Bayliner Diner (Counter Service)
- Galaxy Bowl (Bar or Lounge)
- Starbucks Coffee - Cabana Bay Beach Resort (Counter Service)
- Swizzle Lounge (Bar or Lounge)
- The Hideaway Bar & Grill (Bar or Lounge)
|Park||Commuting Times||Resort Transportation||Walking|
|Islands of Adventure||15 min||15 min|
|Univ. Studios Florida||15 min||17 min|
|Shuttle to Parks||Yes|