Description And Comments
Every day in the afternoon, the Disneyland Band and/or Dapper Dans vocal group marches to the front of Main Street to perform a number of Americana tunes. Park security guards then lower the American flag as the band plays "The Star-Spangled Banner" in a very respectful ceremony. Though this 20-minute event (including the band's march down Main Street) has been happening for years, it has enjoyed a larger audience in recent years because of its patriotic feel.
Members of the Armed Forces are encouraged to participate, and are called up to be honored by branch. Also be advised when the Dapper Dans are the only music group available, the ceremony is usually half as long as ones that involve the Disneyland Band.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
- Dapper Dans
- Disney Gallery
- Disneyland Band
- Disneyland Railroad Main Street Station
- Halloween Screams - A Villainous Surprise in the Skies Fireworks
- Main Street Cinema
- Main Street Piano Player
- Main Street Vehicles
- Mickey's Costume Party Cavalcade
- Mickey's Soundsational Parade
- Remember Dreams Come True
- The Disneyland Story presenting Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
- The Straw Hatters