Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
With Animal Kingdom's new nighttime attractions and entertainment, Disney has added another sit-down restaurant, a new counter-service restaurant, and several smaller food windows to accommodate larger, later crowds. We recommend that you tour early after a good breakfast, then eat a very late lunch or graze on vendor food. If you tour later in the day, eat lunch before you arrive, then enjoy dinner in or out of the theme park.
Tiffins, the Animal Kingdom's newest sit-down restaurant, is one of the highest-rated restaurants in Walt Disney World. The food, which includes Wagyu beef, lamb, and duck, is comparable to that found on the menus at Disney's best resort restaurants. Service is excellent.
That said, food at the Animal Kingdom isn't particularly exotic. You'll find a lot of counter service fast food, along with Tusker House, a buffet-style restaurant, and Yak and Yeti, a table-service restaurant, in Asia. You’ll also find plenty of traditional theme park food—hot dogs, burgers—but even the fast food is superior to typical Disney fare. Our two counter-service favorites: Flame Tree Barbecue in Discovery Island, with its waterfront dining pavilions, and Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes (just outside the full-service Yak and Yeti) for casual Asian dishes, from egg rolls to crispy honey chicken.
The Harambe Market, to the right as you approach Kilimanjaro Safaris, has four windows, each serving a different specialty, such as spice-rubbed ribs, batter-fried sausages, and chicken or beef kebabs. Beer and South African wines are also available.
A Whitestone, New York, dad thinks we sell Tusker House short:
You really underestimate Tusker House. It was easily the best buffet, and the characters at lunch ended up making it a great meal.
A Cambridge, England, reader loved the full-service Yak & Yeti:
Our meal was the best we had in the World—in fact, some of the best Asian cuisine we had tried since our travels in Southeast Asia—yet we were dismayed to see tables of Americans ordering burgers.
Another full-service restaurant in Animal Kingdom, Rainforest Cafe, has entrances both inside and outside the park, meaning you don’t have to buy park admission to eat there. Both Rainforest Cafes (the other is at Disney Springs) accept Advance Reservations.
Tipping at Disney's Animal Kingdom
A frequent area of confusion for Disney guests is the topic of tipping at Walt Disney World. International guests may be unfamiliar with American tipping in general. Gratuities are a part of life when you travel in the United States. We have a page dedicated to everything you need to know about tipping at Walt Disney World.
Animal Kingdom Restaurant Menus
Quick Service Restaurants
- Conservation Station Wild Snacks
- Creature Comforts (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Dino Diner (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Flame Tree Barbecue (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Harambe Market (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Mr. Kamal's (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Pizzafari (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Restaurantosaurus (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Satu’li Canteen (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Tamu Tamu Refreshments (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Yak & Yeti Local Food Cafes (Disney Dining Plan participant)
Table Service Restaurants
- Rainforest Cafe - Animal Kingdom (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Tiffins (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Tusker House Restaurant (Disney Dining Plan participant)
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant (Disney Dining Plan participant)
Food Stands and Carts
- Anadapur Ice Cream (Thai Bus)
- Anandapur Frozen Drink Cart
- Animal Kingdom Entrance Joffrey's
- Animal Kingdom Ice Cream and Beverage Carts
- Boneyard Beverage Cart
- Caravan Road
- Dino-Bite Snacks
- Dinoland Frozen Treats
- Discovery Island Pretzels
- Drink Wallah
- Eight Spoon Cafe
- Expedition Everest Beverage Cart
- The Feeding Ground
- Finding Nemo Beverage Cart
- Harambe Fruit Market
- Isle of Java
- Kali River Rapids Pretzels
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery
- Oasis Stroller Rental Snacks
- Royal Anandapur Tea Company
- The Smiling Crocodile
- Terra Treats
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks
- Warung Outpost Beverages
- Zuri's Sweet Shop
Bars or Lounges
Last updated by Len Testa on April 22, 2017