Description And Comments
In their eponymous Disney Channel show, Phineas and Ferb have a pet platypus named Perry. In the presence of humans, Perry doesn’t do a whole lot. (To be fair, we’re not experts on typical platypus behavior, but read on.) When the kids aren’t looking, though, Perry takes on the role of Agent P — a fedora-wearing, James Bond–esque secret agent who battles the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz to prevent world domination (or at least domination of the tristate area in which the show is based).
In Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, you’re a secret agent helping Perry, and you receive a cell phone–like device before you’re dispatched on a mission to your choice of seven World Showcase pavilions. Once you arrive at the pavilion, the device’s video screen and audio provide various clues to help you solve a set of simple puzzles necessary for defeating Doofenshmirtz’s plan. As you discover each clue, you’ll find special effects such as talking statues and flaming lanterns, plus live “secret agents” stationed in the pavilions just for this attraction. For example, in a prior version of the game you were instructed to utter the phrase “Danger is my cup of tea” to someone working behind the counter at the United Kingdom’s tea shop; he or she would respond by handing you a Twinings tea packet on which was printed a clue to solve a puzzle.
Agent P makes static World Showcase pavilions more interactive and kid-friendly. The adventures have simple clues, fast pacing, and neat rewards for solving the puzzles. Len’s teenage daughter, Hannah, will happily spend an entire afternoon in World Showcase playing this game and drinking Japanese sodas. Don’t be surprised if, having completed one pavilion’s adventure, your child wants to do the same.
Playing the game is free, and no deposit is required for the device. You’ll need a valid theme park ticket to sign up before you play, and you can choose both the time and location of your adventure. Register at Future World’s Innoventions East or West building, or along the Odyssey Bridge connecting Future World to World Showcase. Before heading off to your chosen country, pick up your device at the Italy, Norway, or United Kingdom Pavilion or the east side of the main walkway from Future World to World Showcase.
Each group can have up to three devices for the same adventure. Because you’re working with a device about the size of a cell phone, it’s best to have one device for every two people in your group.
From a Fairlawn, New Jersey, dad:
[Agent P’s] World Showcase Adventure should be renamed How to Keep the Tweens Out of Your Hair While You Enjoy World Showcase.
A Tucker, Georgia, mother of a 7-year-old is also a fan:
My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed [Agent P’s] World Showcase Adventure. The interactivity was clever and exciting, the clues were challenging yet simple enough for a child to figure out, plus NO LINES!
A mom from Granger, Indiana, discovered a practical dimension to Agent P:
A great activity if it’s raining: Do the adventure in Mexico. It’s all inside, and by the time you’re done, the rain usually is, too.
A Massillon, Ohio, mom was surprised at how long it took to play:
At Epcot, our 9- and 6-year-olds really enjoyed the Agent P mission, but it took way longer than the 25 minutes we were told (at least for the U.K., the country we chose). It ended up being fine, but people should be warned.
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
MORE TO DOO-FENSHMIRTZ SOON
Agent P proved so popular with Epcot visitors that Disney is adding more elements to the Japan, Mexico, and United Kingdom Pavilions’ missions. And since guest demand continues to rise, Imagineers are planning to expand Agent P’s turf to Canada, Italy, Morocco, and the United States Pavilions.
Other Attractions in World Showcase
- Candlelight Processional
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Holidays Around the World: Daruma Vendor in Japan
- Holidays Around the World: Father Christmas in United Kingdom
- Holidays Around the World: Hanukkah in American Adventure
- Holidays Around the World: Helga in Germany
- Holidays Around the World: Julenissen and Sigrid in Norway
- Holidays Around the World: Kwanzaa in American Adventure
- Holidays Around the World: Le Befana in Italy
- Holidays Around the World: Monkey King in China
- Holidays Around the World: Nowell in Canada
- Holidays Around the World: Père Noël in France
- Holidays Around the World: Taarji in Morocco
- Holidays Around the World: Tres Reyes in Mexico
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Impressions de France
- Mariachi Cobre
- O Canada!
- Off Kilter (Canadian Holiday Voyageurs)
- Reflections of China
- Serveur Amusant
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps
- The American Adventure
- The British Revolution
- The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
- The Ziti Sisters
- Voices of Liberty
- World Showcase Players - United Kingdom
Touring Plans with Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot World Showcase Afternoon Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- See all Touring Plans...
|Opening Date||June 23, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.