Description And Comments
The current show here is a shortened version of the original attraction, which premiered at Disneyland in 1963. It stars four singing, wisecracking parrots (José, Fritz, Michael, and Pierre) and remains a favorite of many, including us.
Although readers like the show, they caution that it may be more frightening to younger children than it used to be. Concerning the scary parts, a mother of three from Coleman, Michigan, is outspoken:
The Tiki Room show was very scary, with a thunder-and-lightning storm and a loud volcano. Can't Disney do anything without scaring young children? It's a bird show!
A New Jersey dad concurs, commenting:
The Enchanted Tiki Room is REALLY intense - far more intense than I remember fondly from previous visits. Tiki gods storming and smoking, the whole room plunged into utter darkness, and thunder and lightning that quite literally shakes the benches you're sitting on - our child (age 2 1/2 years) was terrified. Definitely not recommended for very young children.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Usually not too crowded. We go in the late afternoon, when we appreciate sitting in an air-conditioned theater with our brains in park.
Frightens some preschoolers.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
Other Attractions in Adventureland
- Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
Touring Plans with Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan for Adults - Sunset Plan
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom Afternoon and Full-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.