Description And Comments
A January 2011 fire shut down The Enchanted Tiki Room-Under New Management! While repairs were being made, the "management" since 1998--Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King--was laid off and replaced with JosÃ©, Fritz, Michael, and Pierre, the same four crooning, wisecracking parrots that hosted the original version of the attraction, which premiered at Disneyland in 1963. Despite having returned to its roots (egg?), the production remains, well, a featherweight in the Disney galaxy of attractions. Although readers like the show, they caution that it may be more frightening to younger children than it used to be. Concerning the scary parts, a mother of three from Coleman, Michigan, is outspoken:
The Tiki Room show was very scary, with a thunder-and-lightning storm and a loud volcano. Can't Disney do anything without scaring young children? It's a bird show!
A New Jersey dad concurs, commenting:
The Enchanted Tiki Room is REALLY intense - far more intense than I remember fondly from previous visits. Tiki gods storming and smoking, the whole room plunged into utter darkness, and thunder and lightning that quite literally shakes the benches you're sitting on - our child (age 2 1/2 years) was terrified. Definitely not recommended for very young children.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Usually not too crowded. We go in the late afternoon, when we appreciate sitting in an air-conditioned theater with our brains in park.
Frightens some preschoolers.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
Other Attractions in Adventureland
- Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial
- Jungle Cruise
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Tinker Bell's Magical Nook
Touring Plans with Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan for Adults - Sunset Plan
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom Afternoon and Full-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.