Description And Comments
It may be a bit late to the party, but the last piece of the New Fantasyland puzzle is finally in place. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a family friendly roller coaster that brings guests in to the gem mines of the Seven Dwarfs. The stand-out feature of the attraction is the ride's unique mine car trains that swing back and forth as they make their way through the mines. Although it is a roller coaster, the ride features some traditional Disney dark ride elements, as well as the typical drops and banked turns found in other coasters. Disney describes the ride as somewhere between The Barnstormer and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in terms of thrill. A height requirement of 38 inches also reflects this (Barnstormer is 35 inches, Big Thunder's is 40 inches). Disney's own website lists the “thrill level” as “Dark, Loud, Scary, Small Drops, Thrill Ride.”
The queue includes interactive elements where guests are invited to sort and wash jewels from the mine. Also, guests get to enter the Dwarfs’ vault that’s seen in the movie. A song called “Music in Your Soup” is played in the queue area. The song was originally written for the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs film but was not used. The three sections of the ride's queue include the Seven Dwarfs' cottage, the diamond mine, and the vault.
The ride itself starts out by boarding a mine car. From there the tracks winds down and around outside of the mountain before heading up a steep lift hill. Some broken track is visible near the peak, as are two ominous vultures perched atop a crane (the vultures are reused from the former Snow White’s Scary Adventure attraction). At this point you’ll hear the instantly recognizable “Heigh Ho” song being sung from inside the mountain. From there, the cart careens over the crest, down and around the mountain, and inside the mine shaft.
Once inside the mine, riders see all seven of the Seven Dwarfs, who are collecting the jewels. The mine carts will then head outside once again and hit another lift hill. At the top of the hill, will catch nice views of New Fantasyland and its surrounding landscape. After the drop, guests will then pass behind a waterfall, and ride past a cottage where Snow White and the Dwarfs are dancing.
Ride Through Video
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train appears in all of our Magic Kingdom Touring Plans. This attraction is the biggest draw among the new Fantasyland attractions. We recommend arriving early, going straight to the Mine Train, and using FastPass+ on any of the other Magic Kingdom mountains.
For more information on FastPass+, as well as tips on when and where to use them, see our Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Advice and Tips page.
Best Way To Get There
If your plan is to head to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train first, head down Main Street USA and walk through Cinderella Castle. Walk past the right side of the Carrousel and continue past Princess Fairytale Hall and The Friar's Nook. You will see the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train entrance on your left.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 38 inches.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Carrion Some Things Over
See those two vultures perched high atop the jib crane near the entrance to Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? They spend decades frightening tourists inside Snow White's Scary Adventures. When Disney's Imagineers were looking for ways to connect that dark ride--an original Magic Kingdom attraction--with the new coaster, they decided to give the dwarfs the bird (or birds in this case).
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom Afternoon and Full-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Adults - Tomorrowland and Fantasyland
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Adults - Fantasyland, Frontierland and Liberty Square
- Magic Kingdom Comprehensive Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children - Tomorrowland and Fantasyland
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children - Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Adventureland
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Christmas Party Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Christmas Party Touring Plan for Parents (Focus on Attractions)
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Attractions)
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 2
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 7:14pm EST on 2/1/15
Party of 1
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||5 minutes|
When to go
First 30 minutes the park is open or use FastPass+.
|Opening Date||May 28, 2014|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.