In order to get ready for the brand new version of Epcot that’s coming, it was announced earlier this year that a few shops, restaurants, character meet and greet locations and more would be closing. Half of these locations already have closed, but beginning in January 2020, the remainder of these locations will begin being shuttered. Here’s what you can expect to close and when.
- Mouse Gear: This popular shop will have its final day of operation on January 4. It will reopen in a temporary location (called Mouse Gear) in Innoventions East on January 5.
- Mickey Mouse Meet and Greet: Mickey will be moving on January 5 to a new location in the queue area of Disney-Pixar Short Film Festival in the Imagination pavilion.
- Minnie Mouse Meet and Greet: Minnie will be found in the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Goofy Meet and Greet: Goofy will meet Guests in the main entrance near Spaceship Earth
- Daisy Meet and Greet: Daisy will relocate to Future World East
- Joy Meet and Greet: The Inside Out character will move to the Imagination Pavilion, in the ImageWorks area. Sadness will no longer greet Guests.
- Baymax Meet and Greet: Baymax will no longer meet Guests.
- In January 2020, a new walkway will open connecting the west side of the main entryway to near The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Also another new walkway will connect the east side of the main entrance to Future World East, near Mission: SPACE.
- Starbucks: The new Traveler’s Cafe temporary Starbucks location has opened near the Refreshment Port
- The Art of Disney: This shop has reopened in the American Adventure Pavilion
We’ll keep you posted on further updates to Epcot and its reimagining as we learn them.