It’s well known that Epcot is currently going through a massive update. The start of this redesign is currently taking place, with the removal of the Leave a Legacy tiles, as well as the announced addition of more green space and a new fountain.
But it appears as that was just the start, as the section behind Spaceship Earth will also see a massive restructuring. A large number of restaurants, shops, as well as attractions will be closing later this year to make way for the large redesign, as well.
To make way for the transformation, the following locations will be closing:
- Electric Umbrella – the quick-service restaurant located next to Innoventions East. This location is scheduled to close this winter. (It appears it will close on November 24.)
- Innoventions East – including the Colortopia exhibit and the Nanooze Break area are scheduled to close on September 8
- Epcot Character Spot – will close on September 8. Guests visiting the park will continue to be able to meet their favorite Disney Characters at other locations throughout Epcot:
- Minnie Mouse will move into the World Showcase Gazebo.
- Daisy Duck will move to The American Adventure.
- Mickey Mouse and Goofy will temporarily appear in Innoventions West until a new place is developed. At that point, Mickey will move to an all-new location in the Imagination Pavilion and Goofy will venture out into the park.
- Joy will move soon to a new home.
- Winnie the Pooh will once again greet Guests at Christopher Robin’s bedroom in the United Kingdom Pavilion
- Fountain View (Starbucks) – will close later this year and will be moved to a temporary location later this year. (It appears it will close on November 24.)
- Art of Disney shop – will close later this year and will be moved to a temporary location later this year. Heritage Manor (located in the American Adventure pavilion) will eventually become the new, permanent home for Art of Disney offerings.
- Club Cool – will have a new location with the redesign.
- Mouse Gear – will close before the end of the year and will move to a temporary location. The current location will be refurbished.
- Camera Center – will close before the end of the year.
- Pin Central – will close before the end of the year. The Camera Center become a new home for Pin Central.
- Fountain of Nations – will close permanently on September 8
Additional information about Epcot’s future will be unveiled during the upcoming D23 Expo in August.