This is news that a lot of people have been longing to hear — character meet and greets are (sort of) back at Magic Kingdom. And while we’re keeping everyone safe by still maintaining social distancing, so no hugs for now, it’s wonderful to see our friends once again in their meet and greet locations. Here’s some of the smiles we got to see today.
Special thanks to Audrey and Hannah for sharing their Mickey meet with us.
Here’s what you need to know about these meet and greets:
- When we visited, no PhotoPass photographers were present, and guests had to take their own photos.
- Mickey is greeting at Town Square, and Cinderella/Elena and Rapunzel/Tiana are greeting at the Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland. Pete’s Silly Sideshow back in Storybook Circus is currently not operating.
- Masks must be worn as this is an indoor location.
- Guests stand behind a stanchion rope, and so there are no hugs, handshakes, or autographs, but you are allowed to chat with the characters and the interactions are wonderful.
- DAS access is available, but Lightning Lane is not at this time. (That could change, however.)
- Like in the pre-pandemic times, the number of guests in the meet and greet room at any time is limited.
- Overall, this felt like the experience of the pre-pandemic times, with lots of happiness and smiles all around.
Are you happy to see meet and greets return, even in this limited way?