Familiar flavors, deconstructed and reimagined.
Our recommendation: This booth was so good we put the whole thing as an honorable mention on our Best $50. Don’t. Skip. Anything. You won’t be sorry. Seriously, we think this is a contender for best booth of the whole Festival.
- Deconstructed BLT – $7.00
– Pork Belly, Soft-Poached Egg, Onion Bread Pudding, Watercress Espuma and Tomato Jam
- Deconstructed French Onion Soup – $6.50
– Beef Broth Ravioli, Gruyère Cream, Onion Bread Pudding and Onion Textures
- Deconstructed Key Lime Pie 🌈 – $6.25
– Flexible Key Lime Curd, “Key Lime” Mousse, Graham Cracker Cake and Meringues
- Deconstructed Apple Pie à la Mode – $4.50
– Apple-Cinnamon Gelato, Cinnamon Apple Cider, Apple Pie Filling and Streusel (non-alcoholic)
- Wicked Weed Brewing Blank Canvas Belgian Blonde Whitbeer – $5.50/$9.50
– Asheville, NC
Best of the Booth
The BLT – there isn’t a bad mouthful on this entire plate. We would buy an entire pan of the onion bread pudding and sign us up for a jar of the tomato jam, too. Be prepared to wait a bit longer at the booth because the plating is complicated and the perfect soft-poached egg takes a second. It’s well worth the price and the wait.
Rest of the Booth
The French Onion Soup is a second dish with the marvelous onion bread pudding. Let the beef broth that’s going to stream from the ravioli soak into the onion bread and then try a bite. Holy mother of onions, this is good.
You can see the lime zest in the Key Lime Pie curd from 5 paces! The meringue mixes the textures perfectly and it’s all as scrumptious as it is pretty.