Seeing some of your favorite Disney characters is very different right now. Character cavalcades roll through the streets of Magic Kingdom throughout the day, giving you a chance to see some Disney characters from a safe distance. The appearances of the different cavalcades are not on a published schedule, so it can be a little nerve-wracking to wonder when you can catch your favorite characters.
We’ve got some tips to hopefully make it easier for you to see your favorites.
- Music plays over the park’s sound system as each cavalcade comes through, so if you hear a change in the park’s music then head along the parade route.
- The cavalcades follow the same route as the parade, starting in Frontierland, curving through Liberty Square, in front of Cinderella Castle, and finally up Main Street U.S.A.
- Be aware and maintain physical distancing from other groups.
- The appearances are not scheduled, but they seem to be every hour. It takes about fifteen minutes for each cavalcade to cross through the route.
- There are multiple character cavalcades, which change during Halloween, and presumably the upcoming holiday season. Mickey Mouse and friends, and the Disney Princesses are two staples.
- The horse-drawn trolley on Main Street USA gets in on the action in the morning with Winnie the Pooh and friends. It starts near the fire station and ends at Cinderella Castle.
In my opinion, it is best to just go about your day and enjoy the Magic Kingdom without worrying about the cavalcades. Chances are you will see multiple appearances throughout your day. If you’re really into the character appearances, or just need a break, consider grabbing a seat in Liberty Square or in the hub near Cinderella Castle to sit for a spell. Chances are at least one, if not more, cavalcades will come by.
Liberty Square and Frontierland have more shade than the Castle Hub and Main Street U.S.A. And Frontierland can get a little cramped with the extended queues of Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain spilling into the walkways.
Maximize your day at Magic Kingdom and avoid long lines by becoming a TouringPlans Subscriber. You’ll gain access to our Lines app where you can use pre-made plans to tour the park in the most efficient way possible, or build your own plan. Plus, you’ll be able to see Expected Wait Times versus Disney’s Posted Wait Times. With the time you’ll save you’ll have more time to enjoy special moments like the character cavalcades.
Have you seen any of the character cavalcades yet? Where’s your favorite place to watch them?