Description And Comments
Inspired by the Disney animated feature, Festival of the Lion King is part stage show, part parade, part circus; in 2014, it relocated from Camp Minnie-Mickey to Africa, behind and to the left of Tusker House. Guests sit in four sets of bleachers surrounding the stage and organized into cheering sections, which are called on to make elephant, warthog, giraffe, and lion noises. (You won’t be alone if you don’t know what a giraffe or warthog sounds like.) There’s a great deal of strutting around, some acrobatics, and a lot of singing and dancing. By our count, every tune from The Lion King is belted out and reprised several times—if you didn’t know the words to the songs before the show, you definitely will after.
Unofficial Guide readers have been almost unanimous in their praise of Festival of the Lion King. This letter from a Naples, Florida, mom is typical:
Festival of the Lion King is a spectacular show with singers, dancers, fire twirlers, acrobats, robotics, and great set design. My whole family agreed this was the best thing we experienced at Animal Kingdom.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
Festival of the Lion King is a big draw, so try to see the first show in the morning or one of the last two shows at night. For midday performances, you’ll need to queue up at least 35–45 minutes before showtime; to minimize waiting in the hot sun, don’t hop in line until cast members give the word to do so. The bleachers can make viewing difficult for the height-deficient—If you have small children or short adults in your party, try to snag a seat higher up. Rarely a good use of FastPass+.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Other Attractions in Africa
- Burudika Band
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
- Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe
- Wildlife Express Train: Africa Station
Touring Plans with Festival of the Lion King
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- One-Day Happy Family Touring Plan
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
As of 3:37am EDT on 10/6/15
Party of 1
|Available for 9:30a, 10:30a, 11:30a, 12:30p, 2:30p, 3:30p, 4:30p, and 5:30p|
|Latest AK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||April 22, 1998|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.