Description And Comments
This energetic production, inspired by Disney's Lion King feature, is part stage show, part parade, part circus. Guests are seated in four sets of bleachers surrounding the stage and organized into separate cheering sections, which are called on to make elephant, warthog, giraffe, and lion noises (you won't be alone if you don't know how to make a giraffe or warthog noise). There is a great deal of parading around, some acrobatics, and a lot of singing and dancing. By our count, every tune from The Lion King is belted out and reprised several times. No joke-if you don't know the words to all the songs by the end of the show, you must have been asleep.
Unofficial Guide readers have been almost unanimous in their praise of Festival of the Lion King. This letter from a Naples, Florida, mom is typical:
Festival of the Lion King is a spectacular show with singers, dancers, fire twirlers, acrobats, robotics, and great set design. My whole family agreed this was the best thing we experienced at Animal Kingdom.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
This show is both popular and difficult to see. Your best bet is to go to the first show in the morning or to one of the last two performances in the evening. To see the show during the more crowded midday, you’ll need to queue up at least 35–45 minutes before showtime. To minimize standing in the hot sun, refrain from hopping in line until the Disney people begin directing into the queue. If you have small children or short adults in your party, sit higher up in the bleachers. The first five rows in particular have very little rise, making it difficult for those in rows two through five to see.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Festival of the Lion King relocated to the Harambe Theater in Africa (near Tusker House Restaurant) in June 2014.
Other Attractions in Africa
- Burudika Band
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
- Tam Tam Drummers of Harambe
- Wildlife Express Train: Africa Station
Touring Plans with Festival of the Lion King
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- One-Day Happy Family Touring Plan
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
As of 7:43am EST on 3/3/15
Party of 1
|Available for 9:30a, 10:30a, 11:30a, 12:30p, 1:30p, 2:30p, 3:30p, 4:30p, and 5:30p|
|Latest AK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||April 22, 1998|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.