Description And Comments
The Gran Fiesta Tour incorporates animated versions of Donald Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito—an avian singing group called The Three Caballeros, from Disney’s 1944 film of the same name—to spice up what has been characterized as a slowerpaced Mexican-style It’s a Small World.The ride’s premise is that the Caballeros are scheduled to perform at a fiesta, but Donald has gone missing. Large video screens show Donald enjoying Mexico’s pyramids, monuments, and water sports while José and Panchito search other Mexican points of interest. Everyone is reunited in time for a rousing concert near the end of the ride. Along the way, guests are treated to detailed scenes in eye-catching colors, and an improved music system.At the risk of sounding like the Disney geeks we are, we must point out that Panchito is technically the only Mexican Caballero; José Carioca is from Brazil and Donald is from Burbank. Either way, more of the ride's visuals seem to be situated on the left side of the boat. Have small children sit nearer to that side to keep their attention, and listen for Donald's humorous dialogue as you wait to disembark at the end of the ride.
A family of three from Fanwood, New Jersey, thinks Disney blew it with the Gran Fiesta Tour:
The Gran Fiesta Tour was dreadful. If the idea was to rid the ride of derogatory Mexican stereotypes, the designers woefully missed the mark.
A Wilmington, Delaware, woman blames the attraction's lack of appeal on ... who else?
Donald Duck has ruined even the minimal value of the Mexico ride.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
If the line looks longer than 5 minutes, grab a margarita at La Cava del Tequila and come back in 15.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in World Showcase
- Candlelight Processional
- Holidays Around the World: Daruma Vendor in Japan
- Holidays Around the World: Father Christmas in United Kingdom
- Holidays Around the World: Hanukkah in American Adventure
- Holidays Around the World: Helga in Germany
- Holidays Around the World: Julenissen and Sigrid in Norway
- Holidays Around the World: Kwanzaa in American Adventure
- Holidays Around the World: Le Befana in Italy
- Holidays Around the World: Monkey King in China
- Holidays Around the World: Nowell in Canada
- Holidays Around the World: Père Noël in France
- Holidays Around the World: Taarji in Morocco
- Holidays Around the World: Tres Reyes in Mexico
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Impressions de France
- Mariachi Cobre
- O Canada!
- Off Kilter (Canadian Holiday Voyageurs)
- Reflections of China
- Serveur Amusant
- Spirit of America Fife & Drum Corps
- The American Adventure
- The British Revolution
- The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
- The Ziti Sisters
- Voices of Liberty
- World Showcase Players - United Kingdom
Touring Plans with Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot World Showcase Afternoon Touring Plan
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4.5 minutes|
|Assumes||16 boats in operation|
When to go
Before noon or after 5 p.m.
|Opening Date||April 2, 2007|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.