Description And Comments
The Gran Fiesta Tour incorporates animated versions of Donald Duck, José Carioca, and Panchito—an avian singing group called The Three Caballeros, from Disney’s 1944 film of the same name—to spice up what has been characterized as a slowerpaced Mexican-style It’s a Small World.
The ride’s premise is that the Caballeros are scheduled to perform at a fiesta, but Donald has gone missing. Large video screens show Donald enjoying Mexico’s pyramids, monuments, and water sports while José and Panchito search other Mexican points of interest. Everyone is reunited in time for a rousing concert near the end of the ride.
At the risk of sounding like the Disney geeks we are, we must point out that Panchito is technically the only Mexican Caballero; José Carioca is from Brazil and Donald is from Burbank. Either way, more of the ride's visuals seem to be situated on the left side of the boat. Have small children sit nearer to that side to keep their attention, and listen for Donald's humorous dialogue as you wait to disembark at the end of the ride.
A family of three from Fanwood, New Jersey, thinks Disney blew it with the Gran Fiesta Tour:
The Gran Fiesta Tour was dreadful. If the idea was to rid the ride of derogatory Mexican stereotypes, the designers woefully missed the mark.
A Wilmington, Delaware, woman blames the attraction's lack of appeal on ... who else?
Donald Duck has ruined even the minimal value of the Mexico ride.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
If the line looks longer than 5 minutes, grab a margarita at La Cava del Tequila and come back in 15.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros Wait Times.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in World Showcase
- Agent P's World Showcase Adventure
- American Music Machine
- B'net Al Houwariyate
- British Revolution
- Canadian Lumberjacks
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Impressions de France
- Mariachi Cobre
- O Canada!
- Paul McKenna Band
- Reflections of China
- Rose & Crown Pub Musician
- Sbandieratori Di Sansepolcro
- Serveur Amusant
- The American Adventure
- The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats
- Voices of Liberty
Touring Plans with Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot World Showcase Afternoon Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||4.5 minutes|
|Assumes||16 boats in operation|
When to go
Before noon or after 5 p.m.
|Opening Date||April 2, 2007|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.