Description And Comments
A tame, happy children's ride based on the lovable flying pachyderm. Parents and children sit inside small fiberglass "elephants" mounted on long metal arms, which spin around a central axis. Controls inside each vehicle allow you to raise the arm, making you spin higher off the ground. Despite being little different from rides at state fairs and amusement parks, Dumbo is the favorite Magic Kingdom attraction of many younger children.
As part of the Fantasyland expansion, Dumbo was moved to the Storybook Circus section north of Mad Tea Party. The attraction's capacity was doubled with the addition of a second ride - a clone of the first. Because of its increased capacity and remote location, Dumbo rarely needs Fastpass+ reservations.
The revamped Dumbo also includes a covered queue featuring interactive elements (read: things your kids can play with to pass the time in line).
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
If Dumbo is essential to your child’s happiness, make it your first stop, preferably within 15 minutes of park opening, or use Fastpass+. An alternative is to try Dumbo during the last two hours the park is open, or during parades. Besides lower crowds, the ride’s lighting and effects make it much prettier at night.
If you want to ride Dumbo twice with a minimal wait, have both adults get in line on the same side of Dumbo, and allow between 32 and 64 people to get between the first adult and child and the second adult. Pass the child to the second adult when the first ride is over.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Dumbo the Flying Elephant when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Dumbo the Flying Elephant Wait Times.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Comprehensive Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children - Tomorrowland and Fantasyland
- Magic Kingdom Evening EMH Plan for Parents with Small Children - Fantasyland, Frontierland, and Adventureland
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Attractions)
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 6:13pm EST on 3/5/15
Party of 1
|Available for 7:20p, 7:55p, 8p, 8:35p, and 9p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||10 minutes|
|Assumes||Both sides open|
When to go
Before 10 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.