Description And Comments
This ride spirals through the 18-story interior of Epcot's premier landmark, taking visitors past audioanimatronic scenes depicting mankind's developments in communications, from cave painting to printing to television to space communications and computer networks. The ride shows an amazing use of the geodesic sphere's interior.
Spaceship Earth's scenes are periodically redone to keep things fresh. The most recent include a 1970s-era computer room and a home garage showing what looks suspiciously like the invention of the Apple personal computer (perhaps a homage to Steve Jobs, who before his death was Disney's largest individual shareholder). Interactive video screens on the ride vehicles allow you to customize the ride's ending animated video. A postshow area with games and interactive exhibits rounds out the attraction.
Apart from going deaf, a family of five from Columbus, Ohio, wrote approvingly of Spaceship Earth's makeover:
We loved Spaceship Earth - the kids thought it was hilarious at the end with the new interactive video screen. I did think the volume was too high, however, I felt like the voice was screaming in my ear the whole ride.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Because it's near Epcot's main entrance, Spaceship Earth is inundated with arriving guests throughout the morning. If you're interested in riding Test Track, try to get a FastPass+ reservation for around 1 p.m. You should be almost done with Future World by then and ready to head to World Showcase. Or, if you plan on spending the afternoon in Future World and don't want to use FastPass+, try Spaceship Earth after 3 p.m.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Spaceship Earth when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Spaceship Earth Wait Times.
If lines are long when you arrive, try again after 4 p.m.
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT
When Spaceship Earth first opened in 1982, its ride system rarely worked like it was supposed to. Early on, the only way to get some ride vehicles facing the correct direction on the way down from the top was to have a cast member sit near the track and actually push recalcitrant vehicles with his or her arms and legs.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Sum of All Thrills (in Innoventions East)
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Spaceship Earth
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Afternoon)
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 3:54am EST on 12/21/14
Party of 1
|Available for 9:30a, 10:10a, 10:50a, 11:05a, 11:50a, 12:35p, 1:25p, 1:45p, 2:15p, 2:50p, 3:20p, 3:30p, 4:05p, 4:50p, 5:25p, 5:55p, 6:25p, 6:40p, 7:10p, 7:35p, 8:05p, and 8:30p|
|Latest EP FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3 minutes|
When to go
Before 10 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1982|
|Scope and scale||Headliner|
Let us know.