Description And Comments
Jedi Training Academy is staged several times daily to the left of the Star Tours building entrance, opposite Backlot Express. If you want your Young Skywalkers-in-training to appear on stage, visit the sign-up area at the now-closed Sounds Dangerous (across from Star Tours) as early in the morning as possible. Spots go quickly and are on a first-come, first-served basis.
A Windham, New Hampshire, mother of three describes a common conundrum:
iâ€™m guessing many families will have to chose between racing to Toy Story Mania! to ride or get Fastpasses (or both) or racing to sign up for Jedi Training Academy (children MUST be present at sign-up). We hopped on TSM, grabbed a few Fastpasses for later, then crossed the park to sign up for Jedi Training Academy. By the time we got there, we were pushed to the 2:20 p.m. show, which eliminated the possibility of leaving for a nap after lunch.
Once on stage, these miniature Jedi are trained in the ways of The Force and do battle against Darth Vader. If all this sounds too intense, itâ€™s notâ€”Storm Troopers provide comic relief and, just as in the movies, the good guys always win.
Surprisingly popular, given Disney hasn't promoted it to the same level of hype as other shows. Although previously kids were chosen at random from the audience to appear on stage, currently participants sign-up in the morning for a specific show time later that day. If your child wants to participate, visit the sign-up area with your child shortly after park opening. The sign-up area is typically around Echo Lake near Sounds Dangerous or the theater for Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.
- Jedi Training Academy (StudiosCentral.com)
Other Attractions in Echo Lake
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Padawan Mind Challenge
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- The American Idol Experience
Touring Plans with Jedi Training Academy
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Star Wars Weekend Touring Plan for Adults - Focus on Celebrity Autographs
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Standard Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||October 9, 2007|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.