Description And Comments
Based on the Star Wars movie series, this was Disney's first modern simulator ride. Guests ride in a flight simulator modeled after those used for training pilots and astronauts. Star Tours completed its first major overhaul in decades in 2011. The new version has lots of dips, turns, twists, and climbs as your vehicle goes through an intergalactic version of the chariot race in Ben-Hur. The new ride film is projected in high-definition 3-D and has more than 50 combinations of opening and ending scenes. You could ride Star Tours all day without seeing the same combination of film segments twice.
An interactive show, Jedi Training Academy, is staged several times daily to the left of the Star Tours building entrance, opposite Backlot Express.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Try to ride before 10 a.m. or use FastPass+. If you have young children (or anyone) who is apprehensive about this attraction, ask the attendant about switching off. Watch for throngs arriving from performances of the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!. If you encounter a long line, try again later.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Star Tours: The Adventures Continue when you visit on a day with a given Disney's Hollywood Studios Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Star Tours: The Adventures Continue Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Expectant mothers and anyone prone to motion sickness are advised against riding. Too intense for many children younger than age 8; 40"minimum height requirement.
- Physical Considerations
- Video Captioning Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair, And Then To Ride Vehicle
- No Service Animals
Other Attractions in Echo Lake
Touring Plans with Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios Unofficial Guide Touring Plan
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Parents
- Disney's Hollywood Studios Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Star Wars Weekend Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios Afternoon Touring Plan
- Star Wars Weekend Touring Plan for Adults - Focus on Celebrity Autographs
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 10:09am EDT on 3/28/15
Party of 1
|Available for 3:25p, 3:50p, 4p, 4:35p, 5:10p, 5:35p, 6:20p, 6:40p, 7:20p, 7:45p, 8:15p, and 8:30p|
|Latest HS FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||5 minutes|
|Assumes||All simulators operating.|
When to go
Before 10 a.m., after 6 p.m., or use FASTPASS.
|Opening Date||December 15, 1989|
|Scope and scale||Headliner|
Let us know.