Description And Comments
Small World is a happy, upbeat indoor attraction with a mind-numbing tune that only a backhoe can remove from your brain. Small boats carry visitors on a tour around the world, with singing and dancing dolls showcasing the dress and culture of each nation. One of Disney's oldest entertainment offerings, It's a Small World first unleashed its brainwashing song and lethally cute ethnic dolls on the real world at the 1964 New York World's Fair. Though it bludgeons you with its sappy redundancy, almost everyone enjoys It's a Small World (at least the first time). It stands, however, along with the Enchanted Tiki Room in the "What were they smoking'?" category.
A woman from Holbrook, New York, apparently underwhelmed, suggests that Small World would be much better "if each person got three to four softballs on the way in!"
A Vancouver, British Columbia, teen adds:
The HAPPIEST CRUISE THAT EVER SAILED sign at the entrance to the ride should be replaced with one that says THIS IS YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS!
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Cool off here during the heat of the day. Lines are usually 30 minutes or less, so you don't need to use FastPass+. If you wear a hearing aid, turn it off.
Ride Through Video
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for it's a small world when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see it's a small world Wait Times.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Small World's Crawford Connection
Most people credit Walt Disney with the creation of it's a small world. But we also have screen legend Joan Crawford to thank for bringing the original idea to fruition. Back in the early 1960s, Pepsi-Cola was struggling to come up with a concept for its 1964 World's Fair pavilion. Crawford--the widow of Pepsi chairman Al Steele and a member of the company's board of directors at the time--suggested that her colleagues call up her old friend Walt. When the board later balked at funding what the Imagineers had dreamed up, Crawford stood up and declared, in inimitable Mommy Dearest fashion, "We are going to do this!" And so they did.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with it's a small world
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Disney Cruise Guests
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|At 9:06pm EDT · Party of 1|
9:25p, 9:35p, 10:20p, and 10:35p
Latest MK FP+ Availability
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3.5 minutes|
|Assumes||Busy conditions with 30 or more boats operating|
When to go
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.