Description And Comments
The boat ride takes visitors through swamps, past inhospitable farm environments, and through a futuristic greenhouse where real crops such as giant pumpkins are grown using the latest agricultural technologies.
Many Epcot guests who read about Living with the Land in guidebooks decide it sounds too dry and educational for their tastes. A woman from Houston, Texas, writes:
I had a bad attitude about Living with the Land, as I heard it was an agricultural exhibit. I just didn't think I was up for a movie about wheat farming. Wow, was I surprised.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
See this attraction before the lunch crowd hits Sunshine Seasons. Not a good use of FastPass+.
If you have a special interest in the agricultural techniques being demonstrated, take the Behind the Seeds tour.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Living with the Land when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Living with the Land Wait Times.
Go early in the morning and save other Land attractions (except for Soarin') later in the day. The ride is on the pavilion's lower level.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
GOOD NEWS: OUR HEALTH PLAN COVERS BENADRYL
The next time you ride Living with the Land, remember that all plants need to be pollinated before they bear fruit. Disney can’t let a million bees fly around inside the pavilion, so each plant here is hand-pollinated by a Disney cast member.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Living with the Land
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
|Indoor boat-ride adventure chronicling the past, present, and future of farming and agriculture in the United States|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3 minutes|
|Assumes||15 boats operating|
When to go
Before 10:30 a.m. or after 5 p.m., or use Fastpass if available
|Opening Date||October 1, 1982|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.