Description And Comments
The boat ride takes visitors through swamps, past inhospitable farm environments, and through a futuristic greenhouse where real crops are grown using the latest agricultural technologies. (The star of the greenhouse, a "tomato tree" that produced a world-record harvest of more than 32,000 tomatoes with a total weight in excess of 1,150 pounds, succumbed to disease in 2010.)
Many Epcot guests who read about Living with the Land in guidebooks decide it sounds too dry and educational for their tastes. A woman from Houston, Texas, writes:
I had a bad attitude about Living with the Land, as I heard it was an agricultural exhibit. I just didn't think I was up for a movie about wheat farming. Wow, was I surprised.
- This attraction offers FASTPASS.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
See this attraction before the lunch crowd hits The Land's restaurants, or use Fastpass if it's available. If you have a special interest in the agricultural techniques being demonstrated, take the Behind the Seeds tour.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Living with the Land when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Living with the Land Wait Times.
Go early in the morning and save other Land attractions (except for Soarin') later in the day. The ride is on the pavilion's lower level.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Epcot Character Spot
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Living with the Land
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- See all Touring Plans...
|Indoor boat-ride adventure chronicling the past, present, and future of farming and agriculture in the United States|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3 minutes|
When to go
Before 10:30 a.m. or after 5 p.m., or use Fastpass if available
|Opening Date||October 1, 1982|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.