Description And Comments
Riders whirl feverishly in big teacups. Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter provides the theme. Teenagers like to lure adults onto the teacups, then turn the wheel in the middle (making the cup spin faster), until the adults are plastered against the sides and on the verge of throwing up. Unless your life's ambition is to be the test subject in a human centrifuge, don't even consider getting on this ride with anyone younger than age 21.
A reader we've dubbed Melba the Human Centrifuge advises:
If you want to spin your teacup, DO NOT try to put more than three people in one cup.
This ride, well done but not unique, is notoriously slow- loading. Ride the morning of your second day if your schedule is more relaxed.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Mad Tea Party when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Mad Tea Party Wait Times.
You can make the teacups spin faster by turning the wheel in the center of the cup.
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
A LASTING TRIBUTE
As you walk past the Mad Tea Party, keep an eye out for a light-blue leaf with some writing on it. This recent Fantasyland addition honors the late Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist and former Imagineer best known for his life-affirming "Last Lecture." In addition to placing this leaf with a quote by Pausch ("Be good at something. It makes you valuable...") in the park, The Walt Disney Company has also established a fellowship in his name at Carnegie Mellon.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Ariel's Grotto
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- Storybook Wowzer the Clown
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Mad Tea Party
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Treats)
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Attractions)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||7.5 minutes|
When to go
Before 11 a.m. or after 5 p.m.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
Let us know.