As I mentioned recently, for Star Wars fans, Disney’s Hollywood Studios is going to be the place to be coming up this winter at Walt Disney World. The fun will be staggered, but begins soon – December 1. Actually, some of the fun has already started, as the new scene and other fun surprises have already been added to Star Tours: The Adventures Continue.
As a reminder, here is what Guests can expect to see beginning December 1 in the park, transporting them to a galaxy far, far away:
Star Wars Launch Bay
Located in Animation Courtyard, the Star Wars Launch Bay will be a primary location within the park for fans to celebrate all things Star Wars. Guests will be able to see special concept artwork, interact with beloved Star Wars characters, tour galleries featuring treasured memorabilia and replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, including ones from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and play the latest Star Wars interactive video games, plus you’ll of course, have access to special Star Wars merchandise.
- Character Meet and Greets: Guests will enter and be able to see replicas of Star Wars props. From there, Guests can choose the path of the dark side and encounter Darth Vader in an immersive area themed around the Star Destroyer, or they may choose the path of light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base and coming face to face with, Chewbacca.
- Launch Bay Theater – In this area, Guests will hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers and other key movie crew members who bring the saga to life.
- The Cantina – You knew there would be a Cantina, right? It will be a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess table.
- Star Wars Game Center – Guests can play current and upcoming video games. Oh and one cool aspect is that there will be new Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this location that you can only get here.
- Themed Galleries – Three special galleries will be located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Celebration Gallery will feature iconic ships from throughout the Star Wars saga, such as memorable ones of the Rebel Alliance and the Imperial Navy fleet.
- Celebration Hallway will display large-scale replicas of Star Wars props amid scenic murals.
- Preview Gallery will offer guests exclusive looks at replicas of props, artifacts and memorabilia from the latest movie in the saga, starting with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Among the items that will be on display are costumes, ship models, droids and artwork.
- Launch Bay Cargo – This is a unique shopping area where guests may bring home Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Guests can also experience the stories of the saga in this film which will feature scenes from the complete Star Wars universe, as well as giving those who are new to the Star Wars story an opportunity to get acquainted with the films.
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
Jedi Training Academy is currently being refurbished and by early December, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple will take Guests to the secret site of an ancient Jedi temple where they will face Darth Vader along with the Seventh Sister – a new villain from the Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”
Disney Visa Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet
Guests who have a Chase Disney Visa will be able to feel the power of the Force at the Star Wars Imperial Meet ‘N’ Greet. This opportunity will be offered daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Star Wars Launch Bay. To access the special meet opportunity, you’ll simply have to present your Disney Visa Credit Card to enter this exclusive location.
The remainder of the events will begin on January 5. They will include:
Guests may come face to face with First Order Stormtroopers who will patrol various areas of the park, interacting with guests during their mission to find members of the Resistance.
“Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular’’
At night, the park will erupt in a spectacular finish with a dazzling Star Wars-themed fireworks show set to memorable Star Wars music from throughout the saga. The Star Wars Weekends fireworks display was always fantastic, so I imagine this will be just as jaw-dropping.
You knew there would be special food, right? Plates are of course, inspired by a galaxy far, far away. Treats will include Blue Milk Panna Cotta, Padawan Limeade, BB-8 Lemon and Butter Cream cupcake and a Han Solo Souvenir Kid’s Meal served in a Han Solo-themed bucket. These items will be available at various locations inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios. There will also be a special dessert party available to Guests during the fireworks show featuring themed desserts, specialty drinks and a souvenir Chewbacca stein. (More information on that when it becomes available. Stay tuned.)
It looks like there will be a lot of great fun for guests to enjoy who want to get their Star Wars on. One thing is for sure though with the introduction of these new updates, Star Wars is already taking over Disney’s Hollywood Studios and this is clearly just the beginning.