If you are a fan of Frozen, have I got a great new experience for you! Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be presenting a brand new summer-long special event called Frozen Summer Fun – Live. This fun-filled event is scheduled to last from July 5 through September 1 and is slated to feature:
- Olaf on Summer Vacation: Olaf will chime in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. In addition, you can snag your very own Take-Along Olaf (which will be available in locations around the park) so he can join you on your summer vacation. Be sure to tag and share Olaf via social media sites with the hashtag #OlafSummerVacation because they may potentially be selected to appear as part of the fireworks spectacular.
- Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome: Each day, at 11:00 a.m. a Frozen mini-parade will take place. Anna and Elsa will make their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff will be there, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiers, ice cutters and more! The procession will end in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty.
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration: This fun event will take place inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from Frozen. This will be a 20-minute show that will be presented multiple times each day.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland: Inside Soundstage One, Oaken has created a Frozen Funland filled with a “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” kids’ play area, ice artisans carving gorgeous works of ice art from frozen blocks, Frozen merchandise for sale, and special Frozen-inspired food and beverage offerings (like hot cocoa). Guests can even choose to ice skate! Skating sessions are $10 for 30 minutes on the ice, including the use of ice skates, socks and a helmet. If a Guest chooses, they can also bring their own equipment. Skating sessions are available on a first come, first serve basis. Waivers for all guests are required and minors must have an adult/responsible party age 18 or older present to sign for them. Guests will also be able to take pictures with the film’s animated characters in a virtual setting and then be able to share them via social media.
- “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party: Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, head for the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage, where a DJ will spin tunes and a live band will perform with rock and roll hits, as well as a Frozen medley.
- Frozen Fireworks Spectacular: At 9:45 p.m. join Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf at the Sorcerer’s Hat Stage for a grand finale featuring an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the music of Frozen!
I have to say, this sounds like it will be a LOT of fun! (Honestly, I am seriously plotting how to get in an extra trip scheduled for August…my husband is going to kill me.) What part sounds like it would be the most fun to you?