The spooky seasonal spirit is in full swing at the Disneyland Resort, thanks to thrice-weekly Halloween parties in Disneyland Park. Keep an eye out for special snacks and souvenirs offered around the parks until the end of the month, and enjoy the lighter crowds on non-party weekdays.
Quietest Day: Tuesday 10/9 was a 3 out 10 at the resort, with crowds at 1.6 out of 10 at Disneyland, and 7.6 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Sunday 10/7 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with a 7.7 out of 10 in Disneyland, and 9.5 at DCA.
- Halloween Time, Disneyland's annual trick-or-treat-themed decor treatment, continues to run through October 31. A variety of “ooey-gooey” sweets are currently available from Disneyland's candy kitchens.
- Disney's Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours continued to be offered every night through October 31.
- Mickey's Halloween Party was held after hours in Disneyland on October 9 & 12, and will continue on October 14, 15, 19, 23, 26, 29, and 31. Disneyland Park closes to day guests as early as 6pm on these nights, greatly increasing attendance in DCA on those days.
- Disneyland cast members Sachiko White and Megan Navarette were appointed the resort's 2013-2014 Ambassadors, and will represent the resort as spokespersons at publicity events around the world.
- Downtown Disney hosted an Octoberfest party with German-themed food and drink on Sunday 10/13.
- A temporary ice-skating rink is being constructed at Downtown Disney near the AMC Theatre. It is tied to the release of the new Tinker Bell film, and will officially open on October 23.
- You can download free desktop wallpaper from the Disney Parks blog to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the beginning of DCA's recently-completed expansion.
- Disney received permission from the FCC to being testing RFID-enabled electronic wristbands than may be used by guests as admission tickets and hotel keys. The “next generation” technology is being rolled out first at Walt Disney World, and is expected to eventually migrate to Anaheim as well.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure is closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- The Tomorrowland Starcade is closed 10/8-10/18 to install a Wreck-It Ralph meet & greet.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is not running while a Frankenweenie 4D trailer is screened in the theater (end date unknown).
- Decorative tile in front of Carthay Circle in DCA is currently being replaced; the restaurant remains open.
- In Cars Land, new padding has been added to the vehicles at Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, and temporary telephone poles have be added to support holiday decor.
- In Cars Land, the garage that was originally intended as the Fastpass distribution center for Radiator Springs Racers is being repurposed as an extension of Ramone's gift shop.
- Construction continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, with no opening date announced yet. The largest rumors suggest it may be open for Thanksgiving.