Thanksgiving is still a couple of weeks away, but Christmas cheer is already felt in full effect around the Disneyland Resort. This week is a wonderful time to experience the parks’ famous seasonal decor without having to fight the massive holiday crowds that will soon arrive.
Quietest Day: Monday 11/5 was a 1 out of 10 at the resort, with a 1.1 at Disneyland, and 1.1 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturday 11/10 was a 8 out of 10 at the resort, with a 7.7 at Disneyland, and 3.4 at DCA.
- Holiday decor appeared throughout the Disneyland Resort in advance of the offical 11/12 start of the Holiday Time season.
- Portions of Disneyland Park were closed on 11/5 & 11/6 for the filming of Saving Mr. Banks, an upcoming movie about the making of Mary Poppins, starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney.
- A soundtrack of background music from DCA’s Carthay Circle Restaurant is now available for purchase, featuring jazz covers of Disney standards.
- The first of a series of art merchandise events was held in Disneyland’s Disney Gallery on 11/10.
- The Disney Parks Blog released free desktop wallpaper themed after Mary Blair’s “it’s a small world” facade.
- Disney announced that beginning on 11/12, the Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks at Disneyland Park will interact with Glow With The Show light-up mouse ear hats.
- New shrunken zombie head mugs are now offered at Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel.
- Santa will make daily appearances at Big Thunder Ranch’s Jingle Jangle Jamboree begining on 11/12. Sadly, his traditional reindeer will not return this year.
- Beginning on 11/12, annual passholders can enter a sweepstakes for tickets to the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland Park.
- Holiday decor, seasonal songs, and nightly “snowfalls” have been added to DCA’s Mad T Party now through New Years. Glow in the dark collectible pins are also now on sale.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12 for refurbishment.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- “it’s a small world” was closed 10/22 to 11/8, and has now reopened with its holiday overlay.
- Big Thunder Ranch was closed 11/1 to 11/8, and has reopened with Christmas decor.
- Space Mountain was closed 11/5 to remove the “Gost Galaxy” overlay.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail was closed throught 11/8 for refurbishment, and has now reopened.
- Big Thunder Mountain’s Fastpass distribution was closed for refurbishment, and has now reopened in a more compact configuration.