One of the places I am so very excited about for the updated Epcot is the new Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue which is replacing Liberty Inn at the American Adventure Pavilion. The restaurant will be a quick service dining location that offers up American barbecue options, as well as craft brews. (And you are welcome, because I’ve only been saying for years that I thought that this location should serve up barbecue….I feel as though I have spoke this new restaurant into existence….LOL!)
The menu for the Regal Eagle Smokehouse will offer up things like:
- sliced Texas beef brisket sandwich with house-made spicy mop sauce on garlic toast
- South Carolina smoked sausage sandwich with tangy mustard sauce and caramelized onions
- Kansas City smoked chicken platter
- Memphis dry-rub pork ribs platter
- North Carolina chopped smoked pork butt platter
- Power Greens Salad with chilled pulled chicken, fresh citrus, and a citrus vinaigrette
- grilled burger topped with BBQ pork and a fried onion ring
- plant-based BBQ burger featuring a plant-based patty topped with BBQ jackfruit served on vegan garlic toast
Guests will be able to choose from a variety of sauces to smother on top of their barbecue. Sauces include a spicy mop sauce, sweet BBQ, tangy mustard, and a vinegar-based sauce.
Now, it’s not a barbecue joint without delicious sides, right? Options will include french fries, beer-battered onion rings, mac and cheese, baked beans with burnt ends, house-made pickles, and creamy slaw.
For the kiddos, they can enjoy a burger, BBQ chicken salad, BBQ chicken leg or chicken salad, and even a BBQ rib platter, all served with their choice of two sides.
There will be some traditional barbecue restaurant dessert options too like banana pudding, a s’mores brownie, or a cup of fresh watermelon garnished with torn mint.
Looking for a great beverage to wash all that done? There will be a selection of beer and cider from around the country, wines from the west coast, and specialty regional cocktails with and without alcohol. You’ll also get to enjoy an outdoor bar pouring your favorite craft brews on draft, and the outdoor seating area will be a great place to sit back and sip on a refreshing choice.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue is slated to open this winter. I can already smell the barbecue cooking.