REVIEW – Tomorrowland Terrace is a Poor Replacement for Columbia Harbor House
Maybe I’m just bitter that the best quick service restaurant in Magic Kingdom is still closed. But when I saw that Tomorrowland Terrace was reopening with a menu that is similar to what Columbia Harbor House usually offers, I got excited for a minute. Then we dove into the menu and sent Chrissy to review it during her research visit to Magic Kingdom, and I quickly realized that this menu was a poor replacement. There are some highlights, though, so let’s dig in.
Tomorrowland Terrace is most likely reopened just for the busy holiday period. Like most other Disney operated quick service restaurants, the focus is on mobile ordering. One big plus to this location is it is outdoor dining only, and it is covered and has nice views of Main Street, Cinderella Castle, and Tomorrowland.
Here’s the Tomorrowland Terrace Menu:
- Trio Platter: A combination Fried Shrimp, Fried Fish, and Chicken Breast Nuggets served with Hushpuppies and choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $13.99
- Chicken and Fish Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Chicken and Shrimp Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Fish and Shrimp Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Chicken Breast Nuggets Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Fried Fish Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Fried Shrimp Platter: Served with Hushpuppies and a choice of French Fries or a Cuties Mandarin – $12.49
- Plant-Based Harbour Salad: Mixed Greens, Chickpeas, Apples, Candied Walnuts, Onions, and Vinaigrette -$9.99
As you can see, the menu is primarily fried seafood and chicken nuggets. The condiments available reflect the seafood menu, with cocktail sauce, hot sauce, and malt vinegar.
We polled our wonderful Twitter followers to find out what they wanted Chrissy to order, and the Lobster Roll won.
We’re grabbing lunch at Tomorrowland Terrace today. It’s open for the busy holiday season and serving some Columbia Harbor House type items. 🦞 🍤 🐔
What should we get?
— TouringPlans (@TouringPlans) December 17, 2020
Lobster Roll enthusiasts will not be impressed by what is served at Tomorrowland Terrace. But, Chrissy reports it was flavorful – a little light on the lobster, and a little heavy on the onion. It was good, not great. You can see from the photo below that the lettuce to the lobster mixture ratio is ridiculous. The hushpuppies are the star here. For $15.99 it is one of the most expensive quick service items in the park. If you don’t want something fried, it is a decent option, though the Harbour Salad would be much easier on your wallet.
Chrissy also opted to try the non-dairy ice cream now being offered at Tomorrowland Terrace. It is listed as Soy Based Frozen Dessert, which does not sound appealing at all. Then again since there is no actual cream in it, perhaps ice cream is not the right term. Chrissy selected the chocolate flavor and reports it is very good, a nice option for those that are not doing dairy.
We have listings and ratings for all Walt Disney World restaurants, and Tomorrowland Terrace currently has a 78% thumbs up rating, and it is only ranked number 97 out of 106 quick service options. If you want seafood, this is about the only option for quick seafood in the park. Otherwise, Pecos Bill Tall Tale Café and Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café have higher ratings. Hopefully someday soon my beloved Columbia Harbor House will reopen. After all, this is supposed to be the place where dreams come true.
Have you ever dine at Tomorrowland Terrace? What do you think of this menu?
2 thoughts on “REVIEW – Tomorrowland Terrace is a Poor Replacement for Columbia Harbor House”
$15.99 for that? Even for WDW that’s a no.
We ate at Tomorrow Land Terrace yesterday for lunch. We have been customers since Disney World opened at Columbia Harbor House. We ordered the Shrimp and Fish platter, salad , and a side order of hush puppies. The food was very good! We used the mobile app and it was ready soon after we ordered. We were pleased with service and the venue.