Description And Comments
In response to Michael Jackson's death in 2009, Disney brought back his 3-D space-themed musical film presentation, Captain EO, for a "limited engagement" in its theme parks; at Epcot, it has temporarily supplanted Honey, I Shrunk the Audience. Captain EO originally ran here from 1986 to 1994.
Captain EO is the ultimate 1980s-era music video. Starring the late Michael Jackson and directed by Francis Ford Coppola, this 3-D space fantasy is more than a film; it's a happening. Action on the screen is augmented by a host of special effects in the theater, as well as by some audience participation. There's not much of a story, but there's plenty of music and dancing performed by some of the most unlikely creatures ever to shake a tail feather.
Shows usually begin on the hour and half hour. The sound level is earsplitting, frightening some young children. The show is to the left of Journey into Imagination; you don't have to ride to enter the theater. Avoid seats in the first several rows, if you sit too close to the screen, the 3-D images don't focus properly.
Adults shouldn't be put-off by the sci-fi theme or rock music).
Other Attractions in Future World
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Epcot Character Spot
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Captain EO
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- See all Touring Plans...