The information below is provided for historical reference.
Description And Comments
Mine cars travel through a spook house showing Snow White as she narrowly escapes harm at the hands of the wicked witch. Action and effects are not as good as Peter Pan's Flight or Winnie the Pooh.
The ride is scheduled for demolition as part of the Fantasyland expansion, to be replaced by Princess Fairytale Hall, a Disney-princess meet-and-greet area. We don't yet know when Snow White will be gone for good, so we've left the description here for now.
Parents, take note: This attraction scares the bejeepers out of many children age 6 and younger. Though a 1994 upgrade gave Snow White a larger role, the witch (who is relentless and ubiquitous) continues to be the focal character. Many readers tell us their children have refused to ride any attraction that operates in the dark after having experienced Snow White's Scary Adventures.
A mother from Knoxville, Tennessee, writes:
The outside looks cute and fluffy, but inside, the evil witch just keeps coming at you. My 5-year-old, who rode Space Mountain three times and took The Great Movie Ride's monster from Alien right in stride, was near panic when our car stopped unexpectedly twice during Snow White. It's tough on preschoolers who are expecting forest animals and dwarfs.
Ride Snow White if lines aren't too long or on a second day at the theme park.
- This attraction may be frightening for children.
Terrifying to many young children.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
|Wait per 100 people ahead||6.25 minutes|
When to go
Before 11 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Closing Date||June 1, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.